1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Beginner female bassist :)

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by coffeeeebeeans, May 1, 2010.

1. coffeeeebeeans

coffeeeebeeans

May 1, 2010
    hey everyone! I came across this site and thought it would be really great to join and learn alot more since i have been playing for only a month, i'm trying to teach myself to play haha

I can't wait to get more acquainted with this site and the fellow bassists on it!

2. Johnny Crab

Johnny Crab ACME,QSC,Fame/Hondo/Greco/HELIX user & BOSE Abuser Gold Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2004
    South Texas
    Congratulations on bass and finding this forum.
    Questions are welcome.

3. DanAleks

DanAleks Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Mar 5, 2009
    Welcome!

4. aws1963

aws1963

Sep 3, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Welcome to the TB community. :hyper:

Lot's of great people here willing to help with any questions. Check out the "search" function on the forums. A very useful tool to get answers/information without waiting for responses. But by all means, ask any questions you have.

I would recommend finding a good bass instructor in your area (if possible) and get started with good form and technique. At 46 I am "getting corrected" and it's definitely making a difference. Stuff like proper hand position and exercises can make the difference between just "playing" or "playing well". Best advice given to me by a professional bass player was "Practice does not make perfect! Perfect practice makes Perfect!" :D

Most of all have fun! :bassist:

5. Welcome to the family. Anytime someone wants to learn a new instrument it's great news, especially when it's bass. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

6. Staccato

Staccato Low End Advocate

Aug 14, 2009
    Alabama
    Welcome to TB!