1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Behringer BTR2000 rack tuner

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Thurisarz, Dec 8, 2006.

1. Thurisarz

Thurisarz

Aug 20, 2004
    Sweden
    I wonder if anyone have any experience on the above mentioned rack tuner? It doesn't hurt my wallet but how is it?

2. I thought about that tuner, but the reviews on Harmony Central turned me off. I'd guess you'd be better spending the extra money on the Fender rack tuner, which seems pretty cool.

3. Foamy

Foamy

Jun 26, 2006
    Sac Area
    This tuner works fine for me. It does not do the low B very well, as has been reported. I simply tune my low B on the 5th fret and it is fine. I am very happy with this tuner. Instead of spending more money on something marginally better, and with fewer features (like no metronome), I like this, and I'll buy more stuff!
    Now, this tuner is not a top-of-the-line tuner. You get a rack tuner that has cool lights for your rack, and a metronome, for like $50. If you want the best tuner, then yeah, save up. But regardless of price, the only problem I have with it is that it has a tough time with the low B.

4. Dragonlord

Dragonlord Rocks Around The Glocks Supporting Member

Aug 30, 2000
    Greece, Europe
    It works. You get what you pay for. It's not crap, but it's not that great either. I'll get a Korg, these are great. If you're on a budget, the fender should be nice too. If you can't afford the fender, then this is ok if you need a rack tuner.

5. Justice

Justice

May 24, 2002
    Houston TX.
    I'll agree with this. Its a working rack tuner that cost less than most of the popular pedal tuners. It works, my basses are in tune, thats all I need from a tuner.

It does seem to work better on basses with a higher output for example, my Quater Pounder equipped P bass is hotter than my Bart equiped LeCompte so the tuner works better with the P.

Hmm...i wonder what would happen if I stuck the tuner in one of the effects loops on my Bass Vamp Pro? Maybe that would provide a better signal for it...something to try next time I have the rack out i guess.