behringer mdx2600 composer

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Wedding Dress, Jan 8, 2006.

1. Does anyone have any experience with this compressor. I used the search function and found that the behringer is a great bang for your buck, but there was too much to sift through to find some specific answers.

I'm planning on using this for a live rig and I'm particulary interested in how well the noise gate works. And is it relatively transparent?

Any other info about this unit or recommendations within the same price range would be great as well.

Thanks d00dz.
  2. Hello,
    I don't own this compressor but I have had a chance to play with it, and found that it did a wonderfull harsh gated 'kick drum' effect which I found enormously good fun because that was the sound I was after and I'm still looking for.
    I didn't get a chance to use it to it's full potential but it did seem fairly transparent.
    The only other rack compressor in the price range (as far as I know) is the Alesis 3630, and according to some Harmony Central reviews it makes a clicking noise when the gate engaged but then again some say not.
    Have a look at the Harmony Central reviews for the MDX2600, they can sometimes be helpful.

Its not a bad little compressor for the money. Alot like all Behringer things, their good till they break and their good for the money but their by no means the best available.