Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Behringer Peavey

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by wtf_is_a_bass, Jan 28, 2006.

1. wtf_is_a_bass

wtf_is_a_bass Guest

Aug 11, 2005
    Sydney, Australia
    Endorsing Artist: PiGLET picks
    Hi its me, the naive 14 yr old aussie (again) Currently i run a behringer BXL4500H 450 watt amp into a 8 ohm cabinet

At my local music store, there is an old peavey 100 watt amp for only 100AUD and it brings out a better tone than my behringer due to the compressor and wide graphic eq. But i like my behringer because of its shape filter and 450 watts of power.

Is it possible to run the peavey through the behringer to get both of the sounds together? Will it be 100 watts or 450? And will it do anything to the 8 ohm speaker? Thanx

2. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    The only way to get the Peavey head is to run its DI or FX/Pre-amp out (if it has either) into the FX or power amp in on the Berhinger (if it has either).

3. Jimmy-X

Jimmy-X

Jan 1, 2006
    It sounds like alot of stuff to haul around, but hey! your young, your back is still strong!

You can run the peavey line out into the behringer FX loop return.

Whatever you do DO NOT run the peavey speaker output into the behringer!

Also, it won't increase the wattage of the behringer, the peavey will just be acting like a giant pedal.

Good luck!