1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Benjamin Curtis

Discussion in 'Ask Justin Meldal-Johnsen' started by Dan Bozek, Nov 1, 2013.

1. I saw a band tonight that kind of reminded me of School Of Seven Bells, and it made me wonder how he's doing. Has there been any developments since the various benefits in the spring, etc...? I know you're friends and work with them. If you don't want to say anything, that's cool. I have ways loved his music, and as a musician that doesn't have very good health insurance, hearing he was sick kind of hit me weird. I really hope he's getting treatment and will be back on his feet soon. I haven't seen them live, and I consider them one of my favorite bands, so he's gotta make a full recovery!! :)

2. jmjbassplayer

jmjbassplayer Justin Meldal-Johnsen Gold Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2005
    Benjamin is working extremely hard on his health, and has been non-stop for over a year. It's been a wild ride, but at the moment, things look promising! He's tough as nails and an intrepid fighter who wants to win at this, and in fact he will. Thank you for your concern for him! I can't wait to get him back in the studio.

J

3. So, big sad face here... I'm so sorry to hear of the passing of your friend. At least in his few short years on this planet he left behind a great deal of beautiful music that touched me and many others, and will continue to do so for a long time to come. I didn't know him personally, of course, but his departure (around my age) has really left me feeling sad. I can only hope that his music inspires me to carry on and make beautiful music of my own.

4. jmjbassplayer

jmjbassplayer Justin Meldal-Johnsen Gold Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2005
    Thank you, Dan. I feel what you're saying. It's been a rough week to say the least.