1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bergantino + Aguilar

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by renejaime, Nov 20, 2006.

1. renejaime

renejaime

May 25, 2005
    Austin
    My current main rig is an Aguilar DB750 and a Bergantino HT322. I'm extremely happy about how this combonation sounds...

BUT, I would like maybe somthing a little more portable. It seems like most would recomend the HT210s + EX112s solution which I'm aware of and it's on the noggin' but the stack that I'm curious on is the smaller pair.

the question:
    How does an Aguilar DB750 jive with Bergantino's HT112 + EX112 mini stack. "i know sonically this is very different than the HT322 but I'm still curious on the thoughts from those who have this rig"

Tone - your thoughts
    Volume - what size group, venues have you tried this in

me:
    fingerstyle, chords and pulling double duty playing keyboard and bass sametimes, so some left hand tapping. music style - sad little bear quirky rock ala flaming lips'ish

thank you

2. renejaime

renejaime

May 25, 2005
    Austin
    ttt

3. I dont' think there are many (or any) TBers using that massive head with those little cabs... doesn't make much sense to me.

As an HT112s/EX112s/HT112s owner, I can say that they sound very similar to the HT322 (from my limited experience with the HT322).. and that the differences are to the positive... more punchy and less open and wide. However, I can't quite picture that heavy, deep monster balanced on top of thos 11" deep cabs.

They are heavy also, but relatively easy to get around.

For a slightly lighter option in a smaller package, you might try the Sadowsky 410... still in the Berg family, but tighter and punchier, and only 16" deep. It will sound very different (IMO... better) than the HT322... more definition and tightness, and less low end extension. I like the crossover and horn in the Sadowsky much better than the HT line of Berg cabs also... sweeter, with more mids coming from the speakers... more grindy and somewhat similar to the EpiUL line tone IMO.

The Schroeder 21012L is MUCH lighter (62 pounds) than the Berg HT322, only 16" deep, and has that very wide sound that you seem to like... deep, deep lows, sizzly present treble, and a balanced and somewhat polite midrange. The 21012L is a VERY nice cab IMO... I like it a lot.

The other way to go is to snag a used 's' stack and replace the 750 with a smaller head that is still in the 750 tone family (Ag500 or Ashdown500... or even the Thunderfunk)... you won't get the massive low end and volume of the 750/HT322... BUT.... you might actually sit better in the mix with the tighter sound of the smaller rig... maybe:)

4. renejaime

renejaime

May 25, 2005
    Austin
    thanks for the reply,

i figured it was kind of silly but it never hurts to ask...

besides i'm not looking to get rid of the HT322 it makes me smile way too much when i play, to get rid of. The "only" time i curse it is going upstairs, even then i'm grateful i donn't use a "frig" like an ampeg 8x10" cab... this thread was mainly just a "i wonder if..." kind of thing

5. +1 It's a cool cab, but is quite a horse. You might want to consider the 's' stack and a smaller head for those 'tough load in' sort of situations down the road.

6. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

I'm extremely happy with my Ag/Berg config (DB750 + NV610) but hate hauling it. I just bought a Epifani UL-410 (57 lbs 4x10!!!). I'll report back on how that setup sounds...

7. The NV series is a totally different thing than the HT series.

You should be very happy with the 410UL... with the tweeter turned way down, it will do the vintage 10 thing, and with the tweeter turned up, that cab is much punchier and articulate to my ear than the Berg HT cabs (which are much wider, smoother, and hi fi).

8. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Believe me, I know about the HT and NV being worlds apart. I was just expressing another Ag/Berg rig that worked also. I'm very excited about getting the Epifani as is my back! :D

9. +1 I didn't pay attention to who was posting:)

Let us know how you like the Epi!

10. ptidwell

ptidwell Commercial User

Jun 13, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Owner LoPHAT Cabinets
    I also gig the NV610 with my DB750 which is at the opposite end of the spectrum of an HT. My alternative is a pair of UL112's with the DB750 and on the days i don't feel like luggin' the DB750 the iAMP 800 does a more that adequate job. If you only have the DB750 a pair of UL112's will keep that smile on your face.

Rig_0007.jpg

11. NICE rigs and basses! That 750 actually looks kind of cool on that little 2 x 112 stack.

12. ptidwell

ptidwell Commercial User

Jun 13, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Owner LoPHAT Cabinets
    Kjung,
    If you haven't it is a must hear, i am sure you would be impressed.

13. renejaime

renejaime

May 25, 2005
    Austin
    funny, I came from having 2xGS112s found the HT322 used with a great price and on impulse sold one of my GS112s. I totally dug the DB750 w/ 2xGS112s but I'm a damn man of impulse... I may just end up buying a NT112 to have a full aggie mini stack again and just use that rig for "elevator challenged" venues

14. Back when I had an AG500, i thought it sounded great with berg cabs.

I was very pleased with the Aguilar paired with either of these cabs.

BergantinoNV610003.jpg

15. ptidwell

ptidwell Commercial User

Jun 13, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Owner LoPHAT Cabinets
    +1
    Mine are the GS112/112NT and both the 750 and the iAMP sound good through them, but I prefer the 2xUL112 I just haven't been able to part with the aggies yet.

16. Daywalker

Daywalker

Apr 13, 2005
    SOCAL
    ..................those GS112s look strangely familar.....:confused:

17. ptidwell

ptidwell Commercial User

Jun 13, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Owner LoPHAT Cabinets
    Chris,

whatsup,

Haven't been using them as much since I got my 2nd UL112.
    However I am not ready to part with them yet.

18. Pickebass

Pickebass Supporting Member

Jul 12, 2004
    San Antonio, TX
    Yesterday I just purchased the HT122s and was truly blown away. The depth in the small enclosure is awesome and it is LOUD! The HT112 is a great cab, but these are very different. Next week I getting the EX112s to match up with it.

I owned the GS112 mini stack and loved it, but found out I was always bringing both cabs with me. Sounds great together. Last night I when to a fairly loud rehearsal with the berg 122s and my db680/peavey dpc750 rig and was able to blow away the drummer. I've never had that much volume from a single 112 before.