1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Best amp for punk rock?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by tanasen, Jan 18, 2012.

1. tanasen

tanasen

Aug 7, 2011
    Greece
    Ok last summer I recorded for my band's ep (we're playing fast melodic punk rock) with a MM SUB Sterling and a Mesa M-Pulse600 through a Powerhouse 410. Right now the mixing process isn't done yet but I switched bass and bought a 97 American Deluxe Precision (with a quarter pounder on). So now I'm considering if it's worth re-recording with better gear. If so, I'm gonna rent a full tube amp but I'll use again the Powerhouse410 (I can't rent a cab). The available options for rental are the SVT's Classic/AV/VR, SVT-2 Y , SVT-2 PRO, the Mesa 400plus and the AD200B...
    I can't test all of them so I need some help!

2. f.c.geil

f.c.geil

May 12, 2011
    [​IMG]

I always wanted to do that!

Seriously, there are a ton of threads about this, and frankly, the genre really doesn't matter.

With that being said, I'm very partial to Ampeg, and would go with the SVT-VR.

3. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    I would suggest recording bass direct, without an amp at all.

4. funkstag

funkstag

Jun 30, 2010
    New Zealand
    a loud one

5. This pic rocks my world. Thank you.

6. f.c.geil

f.c.geil

May 12, 2011
    You bet.

7. hdracer

hdracer

Feb 15, 2009
    Elk River, MN.
    YES!

8. jungleheat

jungleheat Banned

Jun 19, 2011
    DC
    Whatever you can find for $100 or less that has beer stains and gum stuck to it, maybe some duct tape, and if you can swing it, some random spraypainted designs.

Seriously though, the amp you have is probably fine.