Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Best ATA Flight Case???

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by fonqueman, Jan 13, 2004.

1. fonqueman

fonqueman

Jul 5, 2000
    I am preparing to embark on a cross-country tour and need a flight-ready, ATA-300 Class I case for my bass. I've seen all sorts of cases (Anvil, Calzone, Gator, SKB, etc.) with all sorts of prices ($100 - $1000!). I'm looking for any reviews on particular dealers and their products to get the best case for the best price that'll protect my investment where ever I may go! Thank you all in advance!

2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I really like my SKB bass safe. Mainly because you store your bass inside your gig bag then inside the case, which is really just a big hard empty shell.

it has some faults, but on the whole it is a very good case.

3. fonqueman

fonqueman

Jul 5, 2000
    What would you classify as a "fault"? Do you trust watching it waltz away on the checked-baggage conveyer?

4. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I have trusted it 3 times so far.

and it has been great.

the two faults imo

1, it's hard to stick things on the outside of the case, there is some oily residue from the plastic that prevents tape and such from sticking.

2, It's a little bit tricky to put together, this initially had me worried that baggage people would open it up and not be able to put it back together, but so far so good.