1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Best Bass bag for around $200

Discussion in 'Accessories [DB]' started by Cramer77, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Cramer77

Cramer77

Jan 30, 2018
    I’m looking for a new bag as my old one has very little padding and the straps are wearing out. I was thinking about the golihur bag, but thought I should check into some other options. My budget is about $200.

Thanks

2. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    I've been using the Bobelock bags for my basses for years and have been happy with them.

carl h., Earl, lrhbass and 1 other person like this.
  3. B String

B String Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I have the Eastman CB50. Right around $200. ($204. & free shipping at theinstrumentplace.com)
    8 or 9 handles in great places. Good storage. Padding is fine if you're not abusive with your bass. Even an endpin pocket. Good when you have a wheel. I've had one for about 3 years or so. Still looks newish.

j.kernodle and Fretless55 like this.
  4. dhergert

dhergert Gold Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2018
    Blue Zone, California
    I've got a very old Eastman CB50... It was already used and pretty thrashed when my band's former bassist bought it about 15 years ago. It came to me with my Alcoa, with a hole worn through in the pegbox area and every zipper blown except for the main zipper, which still seems to be going strong. A number of the handles were also either partially torn off or nearly so.

My wife and I painstakingly patched the hole, re-sewed the handles with heavy duty material and thread... And we replaced the blown zippers with heavy duty Velcro. The old bag seems to be going strong again.

I've resolved that when the main zipper does finally go, I'll replace the old CB50, and had been thinking about a more upscale bag... But now I'm thinking that I'll probably replace it with a new Eastman CB50, because I absolutely love the pockets and the handle locations -- they are in exactly the right places for me and I think I'd be disappointed in any bag that doesn't come very close to duplicating them.

The way things are going since we did the repairs though, the old CB50 is still lasting well. It probably won't outlast my Alcoa, but it may outlast me.

misterbadger likes this.
  5. j.kernodle

j.kernodle

Nov 23, 2008
    South Carolina
    I ordered a cb50 last week. I’ll report back in ten years and let you know how it’s going.

6. Actually I’ve had a CB50 for the last eight years. I really like the design and handle placement, but it does require impromptu repair over the years.

Still I prefer it it many ways from my other TuffBag which as well as being twice the price, is a bit overbuilt and awkward to stow.