Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Best EUB stand mounting hardware?

Discussion in 'Electric Upright Basses (EUB's) [DB]' started by pmckinney4, Feb 24, 2006.

1. Hello,

I am currently getting ready to build my own EUB. I just about have all of the parts in. I have decided I want to mount it to a stand rather than go the end pin route.

I know that the best way seems to use drum hardware to make a stand. I am looking for the best combination that people have come up with. I am looking for something sturdy that won't rattle when I am digging in with the bow. I am also looking for something that is easy to set up. Preferably less than a minute to get the stand set up and the bass mounted to it when I am unpacking it to play.

Has anyone come up with this kind of combination? What parts did you use?

2. Bob Gollihur has some photos buried on his site where he shows his homemade EUB and the drum stand attachment. For the EUB I built I really prefer the end peg but I also use a Zeta bass's stand to hold it up. It's like a snare stand but has a post that sticks up and plugs into the bottom of the bass. It has lots of adjustments too.