1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Best gig yet!

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by sound of bass, Sep 19, 2010.

1. This past Friday we did a show opening for another band at a popular bar/comedy club type place, it was only our 4th time out, and it was kick ass! We really rocked that place, everyone dug us, but the most gratifying part was doing our 4 original songs that left the audience awestruck! Everything went great...not perfect but a great, great night! The other band was / is phenominal, a good fit with eachother and excited about working together more in the future. You cant beat live music, drinking, dancing and friends. Awesome night! I just had to share that because Im a noob to gigging and Im hooked! Thanks.

2. baron665

baron665

Apr 9, 2010
    Michigan
    That's great. Kudos to you. And good luck on your next outing.

3. Welcome to the greatest show on Earth... been doing it since I was 16, and 35 years later I still love playing for an audience. Drunks and all... makes for good stories.

Randy

4. Thanks players. Yes, I should have been doing it since I was 16 also, but there was always a reason, or cirumstances they wouldnt allow it. Now Im throwing myself into it head first and full steam, I regret not doing it all these years but still not looking back and concentrating on the future in music.

5. Sounds like a great time, and both bands making a good match is always great. Have fun, it's been a blast for me for 47 years.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 5, 2021