1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Best sounding 1 or 2x10/12?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Phil_Collins, Feb 18, 2008.

1. Phil_Collins

Phil_Collins

Feb 18, 2008
    My band (5 piece) is getting ready to hit the road, and in the quest to fit everything and everyone into the G-20 van, I was thinking about trying to condense the rig...I've got a beastly 70's Ampeg v-4 4x12 that is just hell to lug around as it is. Is there a decent sounding much more portable cab out there that's realistically priced? I think i'd probably be ok with running it at these shows through the DI, and just using something on stage for a monitor of sorts.

I was thinking about finding an empty 1x15 and chopping it down to a 2x10 or maybe a staggered 4x10?

Or should I just say screw it, everyone should be uncomfortable, we're going balls out? I won't hear complaints if my rig shakes the panties off of the women. (tough to justify since one guitarist uses a fender twin reverb, and the other a traynor/4x10) How did I end up with the biggest pain in the ass rig?

eh. i'm probably worrying too much? Jitters or something or other.

I forgot the style- Rock in the vein of BOC, Alice cooper, ACDC, Deep Purple yadayadayada
    The amp in question is a SVT-2