Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by mactac, Feb 9, 2006.

1. mactac

mactac Supporting Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Victoria, BC, Canada
    I've emailed these guys 3 times over the past week because I want to buy some stuff from them & had a couple of q's. No response to any of them.

SO, I'm looking to put an aguilar obp-3 in my warwick bass...

Does anyone know a place that is really good at this stuff? I need all the right pots & knobs & everything & want to find someone with experience putting these in warwicks

*** UPDATE. I've gotten ahold of brian, and he was very, VERY helpful.

I still don't have answers to the warwick/aguilar knob problem tho....
  2. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Try jive1.

Jive1 has had a few bass building threads in basses.
    He also had some Warwicks.Nice guy as well.
  3. Mach1FT

Jan 5, 2006
    Manchester NH

I know he's been busy putting walls in his new house.. but he's usually real good about answering his email... if you like i could call him for you or give you his number..
  4. mactac

mactac Supporting Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Victoria, BC, Canada
    thanks very much for the offer, but honestly if a company cannot return my emails when i'm trying to buy something from them, they don't deserve my business. or anyone else's business for that matter

I have a choice, because there are many people who sell this stuff. Why should I give a business my money when he doesn't even bother to answer me? he doesn't deserve it.

thanks anyways, i really do appreciate the offer.
  5. Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Bought my accugroove, Lakland, Stewart, and Roscoe(s) from him.
  6. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio

Just look at my sig....

7. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    Another plug for JiveSound. I'll be buying an OBP-1 from him when my Lakland gets in.
  8. Basschair

Basschair .............. Staff Member Supporting Member

Feb 5, 2004
    Stockton, Ca

I always had great success with best bass gear. Bought my obp3 on one occasion (he even did some wiring for me), and special-ordered Nordstrand Fat Stack parallels on another occasion.
  9. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    AND a real cutie in a little pink dress, yes sir!
  10. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    AND the REAL Qintar...
  11. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

sssshhhhhhhhh !!!

Brad = q

12. Wilbyman

Sep 10, 2003
    Parkersburg, WV
    I've always had terrific luck buying from, Brian is great.
  13. arbitrary

arbitrary Supporting Member

Oct 24, 2005
    Boston, MA
    That is very weird.
    I asked Brand about a million and a hald questions via email and he was very quick.
    Then I bought my obp-3 from him.
    Amazing guy....for me at least
    Good Luck
  14. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    I've done MANY a transaction with Brian with no problems at all. Maybe your email or his are going into spam filters? Or try giving him a call?
  15. Correlli

Apr 2, 2004
    New Zealand
    I've found bestbassgear very good and helpful.
  16. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    I contacted BBG once via the e-mail form regarding a questiong about some tuners. Never heard back from them. Not a big deal as I never ended up ordering, but I heard back from Hipshot the same day.
  17. keb

Mar 30, 2004
    For what it's worth, I've always had outstanding service from BBG. Even when I had a Bartolini pickup on a looooong backorder (as Barts can be sometimes), Brian kept me up to date with its status (his own initiative), even offering to refund my money and cancel the order if I felt like it was taking too long (which I didn't; Brian told me upfront after I ordered that it might take awhile due to circumstances at Bartolini, and I was willing to wait.)
  18. westland

Oct 8, 2004
    Hong Kong
    I've been very pleased in my dealings with bestbassgear. I purchased a set of pickups and amp / pots for my bass, and had a problem with the blend pot ... Brian got a new one out to me immediately, no charge. Great company, I think.
  19. fretlessrock

fretlessrock Supporting Member

Aug 8, 2002
    Is it possible that the emails to bestbassgear are being bagged as spam? Just because you sent it doesn't mean that they got it. I ordered a set of Barts from them and the response was fast, shipping was fast, and the price was right.
  20. SteveC

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    Brian did 2 preamp/pickup installs for me and he was great to deal with. Reasonable prices and quality work.