1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Biesele pickup - with or without the preamp?

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by porpy, Jul 22, 2007.

1. porpy

porpy

May 30, 2007
    I need to get a decent magnetic pickup for stupidly loud gigs I am doing with a ska band and am looking at the Biesele. I am also about to buy an AI Focus.
    I will be blengin the magnetic pickup with a Realist.
    Given the extensive blending capabilities of the Focus, I am wondering if there is any need (beyond what I can get out of the focus) to get the preamp that the Biesele pickup is paired with.

Anyone out there with a Biesele that would care to comment?

2. shoeline

shoeline

Jan 13, 2006
    Nova Scotia
    Hi. The Biesele is great for loud music. Here is a link to a great example of it being used on a recording session.

http://www.jazznsamba.com/recordings.html

My teacher Skip has used it for many years. I think his was the first one made. I use the pre-amp and blend with an underwood. It sounds more electric on its own but with a decent amp you might get a tone you are looking for. You can definitely avoid feedback this way. Say hi to Clark if you decide to buy one.
    Mike Schuhlein

3. I'm using my Biesele Pickup with no preamp at all. Sometime I blend the mag with a revolution solo 1 with good result. I'm playing my bass trough a Yorkville YBA200 tube head and 2 15' cab. I just love that loud and heavy setup..... It's all about tone Baby!!!!!