1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Big Thanks to Rotosound

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by TMacATK, Sep 18, 2008.

1. TMacATK

TMacATK

Jul 9, 2008
    Davis, CA
    I recently had a problem with a set of Rotosound flats.

I emailed Rotosound USA and asked for a single replacement string. They sent a whole pack! These guys stand by their product and respect their customers.

I'm very impressed and I won't hesitate to buy Rotosound again.

2. mrokern

mrokern TB's resident Rush freak

Jul 20, 2007
    Minneapolis, MN
    +1

I've had a couple of interactions with the Rotosound folks, and have had nothing but great service.

3. Spinal Tapper

Spinal Tapper

Nov 15, 2007
    Chicago
    That's great customer service!

Did you have to prove that anything was wrong with your strings, or give a receipt number or anything? I love my Roto 77's!

4. tigerbass

tigerbass

Jul 28, 2006
    Crown Point, IN
    I bought a pack of swing bass round wounds with a dead string a few months ago, I was just stringing my bass up the morning of a big gig. I was hot! I e-mailed to whom it may concern at their website saying I was disappointed that it happened but would still buy their strings. I had to go to GC to buy one string and they gouged me for it! The director of marketing e-mailed me back the next day apologizing for the inconvienance, and wanted to know exactly what gauge and type of strings I bought. He sent me that string plus a new set and a bunch of stickers...very cool!

5. cadduc

cadduc

Mar 4, 2006
    my first two sets of rotosounds were sent to me free by jim howe, after i wrote to him and told him i could not find them in the usa
    this was back around 1966 after i read an article and interview with entwistle
    if i had been thinking, i would have made a offer to distribute, and i would be a bit richer than i am today
    they are great strings and great people too

6. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    Rotosound and GHS both have great customer service IMO and IME.

Some other companies have bad CS (LaBella) and some are misguided (DR) so its a mixed lot.

7. j.a.e.r.i.p

j.a.e.r.i.p

Apr 8, 2007
    I love rotosounds. the only strings i like really.

8. TMacATK

TMacATK

Jul 9, 2008
    Davis, CA
    No receipt, no questions asked. I wouldn't have bothered if they asked for proof.

As far as a good string company should be concerned, a lifetime of my string purchases is worth more than a single string. In any case I'm glad they were so accommodating! I like the strings and I'm happy to say I like the company too.

9. Stories like this make me want to buy Rotosound strings. Good people rock!

10. +1 I am very happy with my Ernie Balls but are always wanting to try something new!

I think I now what strings I will be trying next.

11. sgtpepper

sgtpepper

Jan 22, 2010
    Mexico City
    That's awesome. I've been playing Rotos for about 6-7 months and I'm loving them (I used to play DM Blue Steels). That says a lot of the company. Great customer service.

12. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    Yeah, I work in a music store. Installed 66's on a bass for a guy. The E was dead out of the pack. I wrote them an email. They sent me a free 'E," a whole new pack, and signed us as offical dealers so we could buy direct for a lower cost. Cant beat that!

13. darkstorm

darkstorm

Oct 13, 2009
    Kewl. I do like rotosound swing 66 strings for bass and the pink pkg 9's for guitar.

14. The secret to success, children: Freebies and customer service.

I just started experimenting with Rotosounds, and stories like this make me want to keep using them.

Thanks for sharing.

15. Craig_S

Craig_S Banned

Oct 15, 2008
    Metro Detroit
    Good to hear that they took care of you. I still can't stand the feel of them, though.

16. BoomingBass

BoomingBass

Apr 11, 2010
    How long did it take them to send the strings? Did they respond to your email first?

17. Alucard817

Alucard817

May 18, 2010
    Tampa,Fla
    I use GHS exclusively for my guitars, i have been lucky to never have a problem.

I want some roto flats for my new P bass, but cant afford them right now.

18. hdracer

hdracer

Feb 15, 2009
    Elk River, MN.
    I had a E string go dead on a set of 77's shortly after putting them on. They sent me out a new set free. I was real happy until the E went dead on that set. For the price of them I would expect better. I have had good luck with the 88's & 66's but I am done with the 77's. I'll stick with Chromes, I don't care how many free sets they send me. Waiting 3 weeks for a free set doesn't cut it.

19. I have been fortunate to have used Rickenbacker 4001-s since 1973. Since day-one, all I ever used on my first rick was Rotosound Swing Bass. I was a prog rocker. I loved that "Brittish" tone. Here's a hint for those with less expensive basses...PUT ON A SET OF ROTO 66 SWING BASS STRINGS...You will have instantly upgraded your tone. Frankly, Rotosound round wound strings give any bass that Entwistle tone. It's a little harder to clone Chris Squire with strings alone, but with a set of roto 66 and a pick and the bass of your choice...You'll sound amazingly distinct, as they are rich in harmonic overtones, like a wound piano string. Don't like that much ting and zing?? Back off the tone and you'll still sound great and cut through better in a live mix. They lose that ultra bright tone fairly quickly, for those who don't change strings often, but they continue to sound distinct from other round wounds IMO regardless. Eventually they will dig grooves into your frets too, but it's no big deal IMO. I'm installing a set of "rs66 5 Lon" Rotos on my 2009 Indonesian Fender Squier De Luxe 5 string tonight, which I purchased at Atlanta Bass Gallery for a lot less than the same identical strings at the big-box store.

20. mtizzle

mtizzle

Mar 23, 2008
    Really? I've never had a problem with LaBella. In fact, I had a great experience with them.