1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Biggest-sounding chorus?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Pearl_jammin, Jun 11, 2007.

1. I want a chorus to make my bass sound really fat, like 10 basses.

Some things I should state are - I don't want Analogman, I'm sure they are fantastic, but I'm not that precise/anal/rich.

I don't want a Clone Theory, tried one, didn't like it (contradicting last sentance? hmm :eyebrow:)

I've heard the Boss Chorus Ensamble is really think, and can leave the lows intact too, so thats the top runner at the moment. I like Justin Chancellor's chorus and he has one of them.

2. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    Have you checked out the Digitech? I haven't tried it, but it might give you what you're looking for.

3. I liked the chorus ensemble when I had one. I think it might be what you are looking for, give one a try. They are very cheap on ebay too (£30-40).

4. fishtx

fishtx

Mar 30, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Endorsing Artist: Genzler Amplification/Spector Basses/Mojo Hand FX
    I really like the Analogman, but if you want to try something different, try the Homebrew THC..I have heard really good things about it...

5. DbNBassist

DbNBassist

Aug 12, 2006
    Britain
    Hey Dave, try the Rocktron Deep Blue, quite cheap and it sounds lush and MASSIVE!!

6. SpankyPants

SpankyPants That's Mr. SpankyPants to you.

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    This is something I find myself wondering too. I don't care for the typical vibrato/detune choruses, but I like the sound of big, ensemble-like choruses.

Even a list of ensemble choruses would be nice...

From what I can tell, the HBE THC, all EHX's, the Analogman seem to be vibrato-based. Maybe JoeP has a few recommendations.

7. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Inactive

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF
    My UniChorus is pretty farkin' sweet from the week or so I've had it! :)

8. ibnzneksrul

ibnzneksrul

Feb 2, 2007
    So Cal
    The Boss CE-5 can add some nice 'expanse' with the rate set low.

9. bass-shy

bass-shy

Jan 11, 2005
    Florida
    Thick sound for cheap can be had from a Digitech Bass Multi-Chorus, Rocktron Deep Blue/Tsunami Chorus or a Boss CE-5. I've have owned or tried all of them and all of them did what you are asking for. Also, the Homebrew Electronics THC is the thickest chorus I have heard but it costs almost $200.00. Good luck.

10. DbNBassist

DbNBassist

Aug 12, 2006
    Britain
    DEEP BLUE! DEEP BLUE! DEEP BLUE! DEEP BLUE!

11. saxnbass

saxnbass

Mar 9, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    I want a Carl Martin Bass Chorus myself.

12. I've owned the CE-5 - Boss and the Multi Chorus - Digitech. The digitech is possibly thicker, but the Boss has a generally nicer sound to me.

Either are quite resonable in regard to price

13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 3, 2021