Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bill Bartolini

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by dood, Aug 30, 2005.

1. dood

dood

Dec 9, 2004
    sitting down,facingforward..UK
    Endorsements: Shuker Guitars, Dingwall Designer Guitars, D'Addario, Planet Waves, Barefaced Bass
    Hey folks!

This is the first time I have posted in this forum, usually I can be found lurking in the Amps 'room'

Anyways, I really want to get in touch with Bill Bartolini about my Conklin 7's Electronics. I have the Bill Dickens model. As I am sure you are aware, there is no email address available on Bartolini.net; As I am in the UK, telephone costs are obviously high and I don't have a snailmail address for him.
    Can anyone help? I have asked Bill Conklin and Mike Tobias; although they have been very helpful, haven't been able to give me the leads I need. :meh:

2. Perhaps the PICKUPS forum would be a better place to ask this question. :eyebrow:

3. dood

dood

Dec 9, 2004
    Endorsements: Shuker Guitars, Dingwall Designer Guitars, D'Addario, Planet Waves, Barefaced Bass
    PICKUPS, ELECTRONICS, SETUP, BASSES.. I'm still after the same guy ;o) ;)

4. ebladeboi123

ebladeboi123

Jul 11, 2005
    Oberlin, Oh
    wow, i have no clue if its not on there site. If you don't mind me asking- whats the problem with the pup's.

5. dood

dood

Dec 9, 2004
    hey! Well, no problem at all really. Basically (for those who aren't familiar with the model) The Conklin has a custom harness for Bill Dickens' EQ shaping flexibility.

I would like to experiment with different electronics/setup to better suit my own needs.

In the control cavity, unlike my other basses, where you can see what is what, this bass has MANY Bill Bartolini modules that are unmarked and don't really give anything away. I have a block diagram telling me what each 'black box' is, but what i really need is to find out what each cable colour form each module is. For example, signal in, signal out +ve, -ve
    etc. I can experiment to my hearts content!

I am tempted to replace the pickups, but thats just a personal preference of tone.

6. dood

dood

Dec 9, 2004
    bump!

7. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Bite the bullet and give him a call. The expense of a phone call is not too much of a price to obtain the knowledge you desire. In the quest for tone, one must spare no expense.

-Mike

8. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    yup, and it's not like you'll get an email answered

9. dood

dood

Dec 9, 2004
    cheers good folk.

That maybe the *only* way.

10. Poon

Poon

May 20, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    They live near me, I've met them a few times. Really nice people. I want to work for them and man their customer service department at some point. I think e-mail would really help them out a lot, but Bill and Pat are very "old fashioned" and I think it's unlikely that they'll be getting an e-mail CSR anytime soon. However, i'm currently writing them a proposal as to the cost/benefit analysis of doing so and you figure it can't hurt in trying. Little independent project for me. :)

11. Halftooth

Halftooth Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Tri-Valley, NorCal
    Good luck!

I live in the city right next to where their place is, and I can hardly get anything out of them. I needed a wiring diagram a while back, and I had better luck soliciting outside people than either Bill or Pat. I do believe hearing something the point that Pat Bartolini was sick and that's why that Bartolini has been even worse at responding to their customers.

12. dood

dood

Dec 9, 2004
    aw that's an aweful shame to here about Pat.
    I do hope they can get sorted.

If anyone is nearby and can pop a note into them...