1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Black poly finish repair

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by dyoung226, Mar 7, 2013.

1. I just though id share this. I bought a Fender USA Jazz bass from ebay a few weeks ago, but the poly finish was damaged where the strap button attaches on the top horn. It looked pretty bad so I thought id have ago at a repair. To cut a long story short i filled the hole with P38 car filler and sanded it with 1000 grit wet and dry. After getting the shape correct i painted it with black nail varnish. I gave it 4 coats gently sanding it with fine wet and dry between coats. After leaving it another 24 hours to dry I polished it with T cut. Its not perfect but a lot better then it was.

http://www.switchmusicsupplies.co.uk/

bassrepair_zps72acccb4.

2. JonnyAngle

JonnyAngle Dropping Acid Pedal Etching .com Supporting Member Commercial User

Nov 24, 2008
    Maple Grove, MN
    DroppingAcidPedalEtching.com
    Try buffing it with car wax after it's dried for a few weeks. You'll get that shine back. Looks great though!