1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Blackstar Unity Elite U700 Head and Cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Rocklights, Aug 17, 2020.

1. I've looked at the Blackstar combos as a option, and admire the built-in compression and effects. I was hoping they'd bring a head to market . . . and it's here! I'm looking forward to some reviews as soon as someone lands one. Sweetwater has them available for pre-order. Compression, overdrive and chorus all onboard; much like the Unity combos.

Blackstar releases Unity Elite bass amp and cabs | MusicRadar

jeff7bass likes this.
  2. smogg

smogg

Mar 27, 2007
    NPR, Florida
    I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell
    Just got email notice the U700 is now in stock at Sweetwater. Looks like a fun amp at a decent price.

Rocklights and jeff7bass like this.
  3. For the same price I paid for my beloved Ampeg PF-800. . . and nearly the same size. I love that it can be racked with the optional kit. With the exception of a tuner, I can't thing of anything I'd need outside of what this head has in the box.

smogg likes this.
  4. Rodslinger

Rodslinger Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2013
    RVA & then some
    Sooooo you could use this head with an 8 ohm and 4 ohm cab together for 2.67ohms

5. Yea that's interesting - I see in the manual it specifically says 2.67 ohms or higher, but not a 2 ohm load. I've never seen that before on a spec sheet.

Peter Torning likes this.
  6. smogg

smogg

Mar 27, 2007
    NPR, Florida
    I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell
    Ordered a U700 from Sweetwater and it should be here Saturday. Looking forward to putting it through the paces. To be continued......

Brian Crawford likes this.
  7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 26, 2020