1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

*Bling* goes hi-tech: RIMS!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by bassthumpa, Mar 28, 2006.

1. bassthumpa

bassthumpa

Aug 31, 2004
    Austin, TX
  2. yeah, that is impressive

3. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    you 2 need to upgrade your standards a bit. To each his own, I suppose. That has to be the stupidest thing, since spinners, to come along in a long time. And the price, for what ? Just becuase you have the technology to build something, it doesn't mean that you should build it. I can just see a high speed chase through the woods, all the cops would have to do is follow the lights at night. Sort of like that dude who ripped off he convenience store in the 80s wearing the light up sneakers. He ran into the dark woods and couldn't understand how the cops were able to follow him. LOL, dumbass.

4. bassthumpa

bassthumpa

Aug 31, 2004
    Austin, TX
    Yep, your standards, your opinion... didya miss the part where I said it was gaudy-ghetto-fab? It's not my cup of tea at all... but nonetheless I'm impressed with it's implementation.

5. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio! Commercial User

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    Technical Communications Developer, QSC Audio
    The bike one looks like a good Burning Man project. There have been many people there riding bikes with animated lighting using electroluminescent wire, but they've been mounted on grids attached to the bikes.

6. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Sweet rims!

You guys can argue all you want about how "cool" they are, but there is no denying you'll get the ladys like the one in the start of the video when you roll like that.

-Mike

7. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    The only reason I would get those rims is to tell people when I pass them up:

"Yeah, I cut you off bitch, what are you going to do about it?"

or put up a picture of my hairy Meskin' ass

:D :D :D

8. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta (Grant Park!)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    To me, custom rims are just another way of saying, "Hey follow me home, and jack my s**t!"

9. i didn't say i was going to get them ;)
    but its a cool idea (on paper :))

10. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Hell, with a set of those, Peter won't have to wear any more Abercrombie for the bitches to know he dominates.
    I think I'll get some 28"s for my '99 Ford Ranger. You know, so I'll be cool enough to brag how my rims cost more than my vehicle. Oh, how I envy that elite crowd.

11. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Gold Supporting Member

The operative saying here is, "if you don't like 'em, don't buy 'em". I'd never buy 'em, but I think the technology is pretty darn cool.

Now that I think of it, I saw these rims the other day. As I was driving home from work I saw a big SUV with rims emitting a purple flicker. It was definitely the rims, not ground effect lights. I was driving home in the late afternoon, it wasn't even dusk yet. So I guess the wheels were in that standby mode where the bright dot oscillates back and forth. I can't believe the fancy graphics are visible in daylight.

12. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Pimpstar is already getting some competition with these.

Let's see so far I've come across:

Pimpsmug:
    [​IMG]

the Pimptar:
    [​IMG]

The Pimpelhoff:
    [​IMG]

bc

13. Street legal? In Michigan... I believe it is illegal to have neon under your car because it could distract other drivers. This looks like the same thing.

14. Yo! Dats phat,...can I get some 22's for my 88 Civic?

15. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    I think it depends on the locality. I was wondering the same thing.