Blue Man Group Freeview on Direct TV

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by chump stain, Apr 9, 2004.

1. Anyone see this?
    This month they're playing Ben Harper (already own the DVD) and the Blue Man Group. I've never seen them, other then the computer comercials and one music video.

I was kinda impressed with these guys, on one hand the musicianship was outstanding, and on the other hand, the showmanship was kinda anoying. But, it seems like a good time for the whole family at one of their shows, which is saying a lot these days.
  2. same here. i was blown away. I once went to a hockey game, and in between periods they came out and did the 2nd song that you saw. it was where they played on the pipes, build up, then the band came in. it blew me away live though.

But the show was killer on Direct TV.

silly ppl- digetal cable=sucks. Please go w/ Direct. you'll be much happier.
  3. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    Yeah - I watched that last night. I had to get up really early today for work, but it just sucked me in and I was up 'till 12 watching that - I couldn't turn it off. I'd never seen the Blue Man Group before - pretty entertaining. I wasn't totally sure if we were really hearing anything from the Blue guys at times - is some of that just for show and not actually heard? I was most impressed when they did Baba O'reily with a guy playing a grand piano - with a great big mallet! Holy, wow.
  4. Yeah, I think those big drums at the front of the stage might just be for show. Sometimes there is light shining up, and sometimes paint splashes out of 'em. But one time they showed a good shot of 'em and it looked like there was the snare chains in them. Who knows? But yeah, at times I cant even hear what they're doing.
  5. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    I think these guys are great. They put on a great show.Very well put together. I thought their version of "Baba O'Riley" was awesome. I think I'm going to get their new disc.

A little different is sometimes better.