Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bob Ross

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mr.QuakQuak, Apr 14, 2004.

1. I was just flipping though the channels and came across PBS. He was on paining a waterfall scene and I caught the last 10 minutes of the show. It made me realize how much I miss watching him like I did as a child. He told me to have a super day so I want all of you to spread the love. Lets give it up for Bob.

2. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
  3. Yeah, I loved his hair. They had a picture of him at the end and he made me smile, what a cutie.

4. Wow I'm watching ESPN2 and Karate fighting is on. This white guy is getting his arse handed to him. Turn it on, NOW !

5. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    His show runs on a public TV channel here as a screensaver for the night. Good stuff to fall asleep to. :D

6. Cung Le won the fight, the white man gave up.

7. Benjamin Strange

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Typical.

8. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    Bob Ross was awesome. I remember being a little toddler and watching him. I catch a rerun on PBS every once in a while, and it always brings back memories.

9. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Same here. He was so cool to watch. Really relaxing. I could use that right about now...

10. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    "happy little trees, happy little trees"

:(

11. AltIII

AltIII

Sep 3, 2002
    they sell shirts at Hot Topic with Bob Ross on them. It's captioned by "Let's give this tree a little friend". Also there was a great Bob Ross parody on family guy.

12. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    yeah, hot topic is commercialized teen punk bull. Goth is commercial, punk is commercial. I hate it when these kids go to hot topic to buy the cool clothes. My favorite place for cool clohes is the salvation army, and goodwill. Anyways.

Bob Ross was really talented, and he could just slap some paint on a canvas, and really make something. It was great, and relaxing.

13. Benjamin Strange

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    I second that.

14. I hate people who do that. Thats why I only donate to the Red Cross because the clothes go to people who REALLY need it.

Random kid in school. "Look as my kickass used jacket I got for $2."

Salvation Army isn't in it to help people but to just make money.

15. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Garage sales are nice too. At times goodwill was the only place I could get clothes. It was all I could afford.

16. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Okay, Hot Topic may suck, but that shirt would be AWESOME! Bob Ross was the greatest!
    "This isn't a happy little bush. He needs a friend. There, now they're both happy little bushes!"

17. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    this hottopic place sounds about as hokey as "urban outfitters" is for us up east... :rolleyes:

18. Plus Hot Topic is really expensive. the cheapest shirt they had was like $25.00!

19. I dressed up as Bob Ross last year at Halloween. Unfortunately, I do not have any digital pictures, but I got alot of laughs and compliments at the party I went to. My afro was ridiculous. Its hard to drink with an easel and brush in your hand.