1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bongo 4 HH happiness

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Deaj, Mar 12, 2005.

1. Deaj

Deaj

Aug 15, 2004
    Kingston, WA
    I jammed with a friends band for a few hours last night. I took my recently aquired EB Bongo 4 HH (strung with flatwounds) and my GK 1001RB-II/210. This is the first time I've used the Bongo in a live context with a band. It was amazing! It was comfortable to wear and play and sounded just the way I wanted it to all night. The EQ and PU balance allow for a nearly limitless variety of tones and making adjustments to suit the context was quick and easy. Set 'em and play - no tweaking. The Bongo plays like butter too. It's a well designed tool that gets the job done right and never gets in the way. I was pretty certain that it was a keeper back when I bought it and now I'm sure. Here's a pic:
    [​IMG]

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Ooh, perty. I love a Bongo through a GK. Divine-ness for sure!

3. well said. i agree 100%.

4. I'm glad you like it man. My new one arrived recently, and I agree, it's sweet. I got your one, except in Pearl Blue:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Deaj

Deaj

Aug 15, 2004
    Kingston, WA
    That color is really cool!

6. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Congrats on the new Bongos, gentlemen! :hyper:

Deaj--A fellow white Bongo owner--whoo hoo! Hang onto it since there won't be any more white ones.

Bubba--While I am holding out for a ltd ed Bongo in the future for my third, and final Bongo, the Pearl Blue is one of the colors that makes me think 4 Bongos is the way to go. :D

7. No more white ones? did I miss something?