Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bongo 4 HH happiness

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Deaj, Mar 12, 2005.

1. Deaj

Deaj

Aug 15, 2004
    Kingston, WA
    I jammed with a friends band for a few hours last night. I took my recently aquired EB Bongo 4 HH (strung with flatwounds) and my GK 1001RB-II/210. This is the first time I've used the Bongo in a live context with a band. It was amazing! It was comfortable to wear and play and sounded just the way I wanted it to all night. The EQ and PU balance allow for a nearly limitless variety of tones and making adjustments to suit the context was quick and easy. Set 'em and play - no tweaking. The Bongo plays like butter too. It's a well designed tool that gets the job done right and never gets in the way. I was pretty certain that it was a keeper back when I bought it and now I'm sure. Here's a pic:
    [​IMG]

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Ooh, perty. I love a Bongo through a GK. Divine-ness for sure!

3. well said. i agree 100%.

4. I'm glad you like it man. My new one arrived recently, and I agree, it's sweet. I got your one, except in Pearl Blue:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Deaj

Deaj

Aug 15, 2004
    Kingston, WA
    That color is really cool!

6. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Congrats on the new Bongos, gentlemen! :hyper:

Deaj--A fellow white Bongo owner--whoo hoo! Hang onto it since there won't be any more white ones.

Bubba--While I am holding out for a ltd ed Bongo in the future for my third, and final Bongo, the Pearl Blue is one of the colors that makes me think 4 Bongos is the way to go. :D

7. No more white ones? did I miss something?