1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Borat Got a Beating!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MikeyFingers, Nov 14, 2006.

1. Borat, the fake news guy from the Ali G show and star of his new movie, got beaten by a passer-by in New York City the other day.
    Apparently he decided to say something stupid (while in character of course) to a stranger on the streets of Manhattan...this guy's smart.
    Story Here

Personally, I'm glad this happened. I can't stand that guy.

2. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Inactive

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    I guess it comes with the job. Not everybody can catch the joke or be a fool.

3. Bassic83

Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    But House saved the day! Glorious!

4. ^Yeah I thought that part was hilarious.

5. bigfatbass

bigfatbass Inactive

Jun 30, 2003
    Upstate NY
    Endorsing Artist: Karl Hoyt Basses
    House saved him??? Why? He wasn't even having a seizure. I thought House didn't touch anyone who wasn't convulsing off the bed?

6. I was pondering how dangerous it is to actually say some of the things he says to people after I saw the Borat movie this weekend - I guess I was right.

7. Jimbo

Jimbo

Dec 4, 2000
    Philadelphia, PA
    sacha baron cohen cracks me up, but i always thought something like this was inevitable. i mean with half the stuff he pulls, i'm suprised this hasn't happened earlier

8. He was here in Australia early this week. One journo commented that he was a very boring, unfunny person when out of character.

9. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Ah, who cares. I'd bet Steph Dawe would get a kick out of that story.

10. PDubs

PDubs

Aug 22, 2006
    NYC
    It was a matter of time. Especially in New York.

11. FrigginChris

FrigginChris

Feb 6, 2006
    illinois
    +1

12. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Inactive

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    He's lucky he didn't get shot.

13. Neb Maro

Neb Maro I don't think, but I still am.

Oct 20, 2006
    So. Cali
    Good ol' Americans. Got a problem? Beat it down.
    I say this because the article is British.

14. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    you guys realize The Sun is a tabloid right?

15. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    Borat was on Leno this week. He should change the pronunciation of his name to Boring.

He'll be out of the spotlight in 3-4 weeks.

16. Demon

Demon

Mar 17, 2006
    Sweden, Stockholm
    Still, i cant see anyone offended by that joke unless having a REALLY bad day.

17. labgnat

labgnat Inactive

Oct 29, 2005
    outta this world
    yeah defintely saw this coming sooner than later, but he's great. and yeah he's already pretty much played out now, but i loved the movie so i'm not worried about that. but it might have been nice to just have had the how ever many years worth of borat on ali g just to not water this character down. but who can blame him for being an international sensation and making millions, and entertaining many. he was too talented to just be an english sensation forever. he being sasha baron cohen.

18. Joey3313

Joey3313

Nov 28, 2003
    Apparently as long as it isn't CNN, it's all true...

I saw the Borat movie tonight, and to be honest, I'm shocked he isn't dead already.

Also, his wife (in real life, Isla Fisher), is smoking.

And lastly, House rocks.

19. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    Being big in the states doesn't make him an international sensation. He's known over here, but he ain't no sensation. His movie is not selling out. I guess people over here are more aware of different cultures and cultural differences to not see humor in misrepresenting them.

20. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    A little pretentious, are we?

I think it's awesome Hugh Laurie came to his aid. I really like that guy.