1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Born Free by Ten ft Ganja Plant- Help tabbing?

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by rastacat, Mar 23, 2013.

1. rastacat

rastacat

Mar 23, 2013
    MD
    Hey guys. Im new to this forum and pretty new to playing bass. Ten ft Ganja Plant is pretty much my favorite band but there aren't many tabs out there for their songs.

Could somebody help me (or pretty much just figure it out for me.. :( ) make tabs so I can play this song? I have to admit I havent tried tabbing it myself but like I said Im pretty new so I don't have much confidence in my ability to make a good tab. And its such a good song I want to play it right..

The song is Born Free by Ten ft Ganja Plant, its a reggae song.

I would LOVE it and really appreciate it if somebody could tab it out for a 5 string because my bass is a 5 string and I love getting use out of the b string :) I'd really prefer this but if not that's understandable and Id still totally appreciate it being tabbed out for just the 4, if thats even possible. I know alot of their songs actually require a 5 string to play.

Thanks so much in advance if anyone can help. Im glad this type of request forum exists...

2. rastacat

rastacat

Mar 23, 2013
    MD
    bump?

3. rastacat

rastacat

Mar 23, 2013
    MD
    ....bump

4. This?

maybe the problem is somebody tries to tab it but then smokes a fatty and forgets what they were doing in the first place. What were we talking about?

5. t77mackie

t77mackie

Jun 13, 2012
    Wormtown, MA
    This song is pretty easy and good for a beginner to train his/her ear and to learn to tab.

Get some tab paper (ruler & pencil works) or learn this: http://www.power-tab.net/guitar.php

Play the song back and match the notes. When you find the right note write it down. It's tedious and you will wear out the little triangle on your player's rewind button but that's how it's done.

Do the best you can and if you still are having a hard time I'll tab it up for ya.

Good luck!!

:bassist:

6. MrLenny1

MrLenny1

Jan 17, 2009
    N.H.
    Yup, get some TAB paper, free on-line.
    Start learning.

7. t77mackie, the armsby abbey is a killer bar. Worth going to on my day off. Thanks for reminding me. I hadn't heard of Worcester being called Wormtown untill I saw your profile.