Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Boss BR 1600cd -owners/users

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by willwonka, Nov 15, 2004.

1. I am in the market for a digital recorder, I am leaning to the boss 1600.....

My question is, now that you guys have had a some time to play around with it and use it in some different applications, are you guys still happy with it...., dissapointed....,ect? And what our some of the features that you like, and some of the glitches you dont.

Thanks,

2. Bob the Bass

Bob the Bass

Aug 13, 2004
    UK
    Had mine four months, & it is excellent! The drum machine is a tad complex if you want it to be, & the documentation is pants (better to just start using it & learn as you go). Definitely recommend this beast ! :bassist:

3. Bob,

Just picked one up on Friday, its awsome, it was a bit overwelming at the start, when i first opened up the manual but after I got a few tracks recorded and started to play around with it, things started to come together, still alot to learn, but in the most part it is in regards to recording procedures, setting, ect. but i have no doubt the machine will be able to do almost everything i will want it to do. The drum machine is frustrating at the moment, but that is a lack of me actually reading the manual, I think I will hand that part to another member in the band to learn.

Anyways, your right, it is a monster.

ps Is there any way to hook up the boss to a bigger monitor (screen)to be able to see all the sub screens showing.

4. Bob,

If your there I have a quick question, I tried burning a cd last night,

I mixed down the tracks to 9/10

mastered track 9/10 virtual track 1.... sent it to virtual track 2

played back, sound was good....... wrote to cd-r........finalized.......put in home cd player.......timer worked, but no sound.

*when asked about writing speed X24 came on screen and I couldnt lower or higher the write speed, would this have anything to do with why it would not play*

ANY SUGGESTIONS......!!! could the Cd r/cd rw Drive be SCREWY....!!!

Thanks

5. Bob the Bass

Bob the Bass

Aug 13, 2004
    UK
    My initial reaction would be "dodgy media"

When I first got mine I got a box of cheap CD ROMs off a mate, & some worked, some finalized but would not play, & some would not even finalize !!

Got a box of Memorex CD ROMs from Staples - no problems since.

PS - Don't bother with R/W CDs - you can't play them in a normal CD player, so they are as much use as a chocolate tea pot.

Bob :bassist: