Boss Dimension C Waza vs TC 3rd Dimension

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Andy westwood, Jul 11, 2020.

1. Andy westwood

Andy westwood

Nov 30, 2014
    PedalBoard Solutions
    So having the boss already (Im a Boss artist fwi) and the TC being super cheap seemed silly not to get one in to compare!

Nunovsky and Sub-hoo-fer like this.
  2. Peaveylover

Peaveylover Supporting Member

Dec 6, 2019
    They sound very close, but the Boss has a little edge on the sound that I prefer.

Bulltrout likes this.
  3. Andy westwood

Andy westwood

Nov 30, 2014
    PedalBoard Solutions
    i was super impressed with the TC for sure!

Peaveylover likes this.
  4. Peaveylover

Peaveylover Supporting Member

Dec 6, 2019
    For the price, it's an amazing substitute. I just think that if I had the money, I'd go for the boss instead. It has a slightly edgier sound. The TC sounds too "round" if that makes any sense.

Andy westwood likes this.
  5. Andy westwood

Andy westwood

Nov 30, 2014
    PedalBoard Solutions
    For me the boss has more low end aswell so it’s def the choice for me! Not that I was ever gonna sell it!

6. Dr Zee

Dr Zee

Jul 13, 2019
    Easthampton, MA
    I don't know, this is my answer.
    What was the question again? _7111433.jpg

Low8 likes this.
  7. JakobT

JakobT

Jan 9, 2014
    Oslo, Norway
    Thanks for sharing the video! Just got the TC a few days ago, and very pleased with it so far.

8. Andy westwood

Andy westwood

Nov 30, 2014
    PedalBoard Solutions
    In fairness 90% of the time I’m using my moog clusterflux but the Dimension C has a different vibe that works for some parts where the moog is a bit to thick

9. 40Hz

40Hz Supporting Member

I’ve played through both.

IMO the BOSS has a certain touch of “air “and openness to its sound the TC doesn’t quite capture. That said, the TC is definitely both a good sounding pedal and a really good deal. For live use at stage volume levels you’d never hear the difference.

10. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    Honestly, I get a feeling of "not bad but not enough to make me want to buy them" out of both.

11. I probably would have gone for the tc if I had heard that demo first. At gig volume the difference would be close to zero, especially in an 8 piece band.

I use the waza on guitar in a tropical band mind you, I have zero use for it on bass.

12. Erik herman

Erik herman Gold Supporting Member

The huge price difference, an actual foot switch and the slightly warmer tone of the 3rd dimension as the clear winner when I was deciding between the two
    Those TC pedals in that line are great for not a lot of money
    If they release their Hyper Fuzz clone in that enclosure I’d be set!

13. 40Hz

40Hz Supporting Member

For me it’s one of those “only does one thing - but does it extremely well” effects. In my case I like precisely one setting on it. But not enough to drop $70 let alone $200 to get it.

FWIW I personally think most chorus effects work far better with guitar than they do with bass. A flanger will give you a very similar effect for bass while sounding a whole lot better.

Andy westwood and Driven Crane like this.
  14. I have the Boss... i find it too subtle for my taste, but it sounds great for what it is.

15. grouse789

grouse789 Supporting Member

Jun 13, 2004
    Westchester NY
    I think this pedal just KILLS on guitar. Not so much on bass IMO

16. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 31, 2021