Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Boss Dimension C

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Benjamin Strange, Jul 28, 2004.

1. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Neat! I found a old Japanese Boss Dimension C in a store today while roaming around Dallas. For those who don't know, it's a chorus pedal with 4 mosfet settings selectable by switches - no knobs. This thing sounds GREAT on bass. One problem though, it distorts a little bit when hit hard. I was using an American P Bass, and it would crackle slightly when I dug in on the strings too hard. Shoot. I would have bought it if it's headroom was a little higher.

Does anybody know how I might be able to mod one of these buggers to increase the headroom? I may still scoop it up if I can make it work.

2. DEVILMAN

DEVILMAN

Nov 24, 2001
    New York,NY
    I've got a DC-2 that I've had for years('90). It sounds good, chops a little off the lows but very clear & focused with nice mids & highs.

There's an internal pot that might help with the input overloading of your active bass. It seems to be a dry/wet type deal but helps with a strong input signal.

They are on the rare side, if the $$$ are right, snag it...

~S~

3. Grab that thing anyway! The P bass you were using...yours or the stores? Always use your own bass when possible, when checking out effects and such...and too, it may even have a different sound through your amp as well. Geez, how long ago did Boss make the Dimension C? Id snap it up for the collectors factor if nothing else.

4. Basstyra

Basstyra Commercial User

Apr 3, 2005
    France
    CTO @ Two notes Audio Engineering
    I just got a DC-2...

This things is unbelievable. The best chorus I've ever played. And I tested lots of stuff...

I don't feel any low end loss. On my B string it's still perfect.

I can't write more, I've got to play with it more !!! :D

Pics of the beauty :

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]