1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

boss ds-1 feedback

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by UHR_BASS_PLAYER, Sep 25, 2008.

1. UHR_BASS_PLAYER

UHR_BASS_PLAYER

Sep 25, 2008
    ok i found the boss DS-1 on e-bay for $20 it sounds great on my bass, but i like to turn all the nobs almost all the way up and there is all that feedback... should i buy the bossNS-2 noise suppresser to get rid of it or some other type of noise suppresser pedal?

2. Is this a serious question?

3. rratajski

rratajski Commercial User

Jul 1, 2008
    Mount Laurel, NJ
    Builder for FUZZROCIOUS PEDALS
    It's going to sound weird, to be frank w/ you...

It's going to sound like every time you ring out, the feedback will start and then get sucked into this: :bag: (aka getting sucked into a hole).

4. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I'm going to assume this is a serious question...ARE YOU NUTS? Do you want to blow up your speakers?

A noise suppressor isn't going to help. All it does is turn your signal on and off when you play and when you don't play. Learn how to operate your pedal properly and within the bounds of sanity. HINT: constant feedback when it's on is insane. Another HINT: Don't let your volume with the pedal be too much louder than your volume without it.

5. UHR_BASS_PLAYER

UHR_BASS_PLAYER

Sep 25, 2008
    i usualy keep the volume realy low not up high like the tone and dist nobs sorry did not mean to imply that, but basicly what u guys are saying is there realy is no way around it when i have both of the nobs up that high

6. yes.

but there is hope.

try moving you and your pedals a good five to ten feet away from your amp, this does WONDERS for feedback.

hope that helps!

7. hahahahaha :smug: he wont get it