Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Boss ME50B pedal processor!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bassophile, Oct 6, 2005.

1. HI,

I have been testing it for 5 days, and I think that it is good piece for that price (about 250 euros). Any advanced info from your experience is welcome.

2. Robman

Robman

Mar 19, 2004
    Sherman, Texas
    I love my ME-50B. It does everything that I need it to do, so far. :smug:

Edit: I also have the GT-6B which is much more difficult to use vs. the ME-50B.

3. Could you tell me something about GT6B? Does effects on GT6B sound better than ME50B? What about true bypass, is it TRUE?

4. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    it's not true bypass.

I like it a lot. Like all multi-fx, it's a compromise. But it's the best multi-fx I've heard

As to me50b vs the gt6b. I've owned both and I prefer the ME50B. The GT6B has more options, and modelling, but I'm not into amp modelling and I personally prefer the fx on the me50b.

5. Aj*

Aj*

Jun 14, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Don't own either but extensivley tested both, I agree with you, I prefered the ME-50b too, it lets you get on with playing rather than endlessly messing with stuff.

6. trog

trog

Nov 8, 2003
    Scotland
    It's great, apart from the synths which sound awful. A couple of the filters are a bit iffy, but everything else is top notch. I particularly like the OD/Dist/Fuzz section.

* All my personal opinion, of course :)

7. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    I tried out the 50B and the 6B and stuck with the 6B because I like to mess around endlessly to get the most godly tone on my FX. The stock distortions on the 50B sound better, but with tweaking I have found that the 6B can have distortions and overdrives just as good if not better than the 50B. I like all of the other effects on the 6B better than those on the 50B. And its much more versitle. That said, all amp modeling (wether its the Line 6 or the Boss or Roland) sucks and I hate the models. They just seem to add distiortion humm and hiss to my ears.