1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

BOSS OC-2 synth mod with sound clips

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by gastric, Oct 3, 2011.

1. Skrogh

Skrogh

Jan 28, 2010
    Denmark
    Well if you had read it, you'd know ;)

Anyway, the faint bleed-over is probably due to wires close to each other, working as capacitors - thus passing a bit of the synth signal into the clean path.
    -Try moving the wires around a bit and see if it helps.
    -If not, try the different wiring scheme I posted [DEL]higher up this[/DEL] on the previous page.

Octave jumping is the natural behavior of the OC-2. the synth-mod doesn't change tracing, but jumps might be more pronounced. Also in synth-mod you have almost infinite sustain, at low volume (note decay) the tracker will try to "track" background+fret noise. Plus the fundamental decays faster than 1. overtone.

If anything in my explanation is unclear let me now :)

2. JonnyAngle

JonnyAngle Dropping Acid Pedal Etching .com Supporting Member Commercial User

Nov 24, 2008
    Maple Grove, MN
    DroppingAcidPedalEtching.com
    Skimmed the thread and taped the wires up good. Thanks, homie!

3. deepestend

deepestend Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 21, 2003
    Brooklyn via Austin and NOLA
    Guitar/Bass Builder and Social Media at Sadowsky
    I did the mod last night and now my oc-2 is not passing any sound. Not sure what I did wrong, but I may have to try to reverse it and retrace my steps. Not new to this kind of stuff at all-- very frustrating!

Also, odd, Japanese style guts in a MIT pedal.

4. DeadPoet

DeadPoet

Jun 4, 2003
    Belgium
    I'm sorry for necromancing this thread but couldn't seem to find the explanation of the above..

I have an OC-2 (modded with a single switch to remove the filter, aka "synth mod") but want to add a switch (above the battery compartment).

Also when playing active basses I find the output of Oct1 to be a bit low so the above would be my 2-in-1 solution...

Thanks in advance,
    Herwig

5. Coughdrops

Coughdrops Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2008
    South Florida
    I think this is the thread... Did it to mine (removed second octave down) and it really helps with the volume.

Boss OC-2 Volume Mod

DeadPoet likes this.
  6. Bassregulator

Bassregulator

Apr 12, 2011
    My synth modded OC-2 sound test:

BigBeatNut likes this.
  7. BigBeatNut

BigBeatNut

Apr 10, 2006
    London, UK
    Sounds like there was an envelope filter in the chain ?

Bassregulator likes this.
  8. Bassregulator

Bassregulator

Apr 12, 2011
    Thanks,you are right.Here is boss oc 2 only:

9. NicJimBass

NicJimBass Flossin'? I thought your name was Munson! Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Lancaster, OH
    64 Audio · DR Strings · Source Audio · Hipshot
    Zombie thread!!

Looking to add a footswitch (if possible) to turn the Clean signal on and off. I love both the sounds of Oct1 soloed and Oct1 and Clean blended. Similar to what an Octabvre was made to do. Thanks!!

Fxpmusic likes this.