Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bottesini "alla Mendelssohn"

Discussion in 'Music [DB]' started by dragonetti11, Feb 3, 2006.

1. dragonetti11

dragonetti11

Jun 20, 2002
    Hey,
    Does anyone know where I can find a publication of Bottesini's Allegro di Concerto "alla Mendelssohn"? Lemur does not seem to have it and I can't find it anywhere. It seems to me that Lemur had at one time......anyway if anyone one knows....or has a copy themselves....please help me out
    Thanks

2. Charles Shores

Charles Shores Commercial User

Jul 26, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    Owner: Guitar Barre
    I found the piece at my local music store, Brodt's Music. It was like $35.00...

The publisher I bought it from is "Peters," I think :confused:

Chad

3. Charles Shores

Charles Shores Commercial User

Jul 26, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    Owner: Guitar Barre
    I searched the Peters website, looks like they might not be publishing it anymore.

4. cold elephant

cold elephant

May 9, 2005
    Its available in a collection of Bottesini pieces brought together by Ludwig Streicher, I think. Also, there is a Music Minus One style play along edition with bass part and CD which you can get from sheetmusicplus.com which also contains the second concerto.

5. dragonetti11

dragonetti11

Jun 20, 2002
    sheet music plus says that the musis is written in solo tuning. Anywhere I can get this? I was unable to find anything about the ludwig edition....I need the sheet music by the way and not a recording.

6. cold elephant

cold elephant

May 9, 2005
    Sorry, the Streicher edition is called 'Ausgewahlte Stucke' and is published by Breitkopf & Hartel. It's in solo tuning (but you do get the first two elegies, the paisiello fantasy, sonnambula fantasy, possibly 1 more fantasy, the intro & gavotte, the tarantella and the grande allegro). I don't really know if there are any orchestra tuning versions of this piece, but like some of his other pieces it might just be difficult to find.

7. Yea, I had to order music minus one from lemur to get a copy of the piece to.