1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bp50 tempo question?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bluez Dawg, Apr 25, 2006.

1. Hey gang? I am trying to set up my Bp50 drum machine for like 100 beats per minut so what tempo is that? I tried to set the tempo at 100 but it was hella fast. and I know that was not right, So is 60 tempo like 100 beats per minut?

2. Could some one move this to the pedals section? Thanks.

3. anyone else?

4. someone will know

5. bovinehost

bovinehost

Dec 5, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: Ernie Ball Music Man/Sterling By Music Man
    I do know that 100 BPM is 100 beats per minute, and no amount of additive or subtractive magic will ever change that.

6. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    welcome back Derek.

to get 100bpm that clicks slower at you try dividing it in 1/2 or 1/4. You can practice the same tempo but with different feels. Just remember to still count the same as 100bpm

And this is a general metronome question... "General Instruction" my be it's best home.

7. dlloyd

dlloyd zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Apr 21, 2004
    Scotland
    The Digitech units have got an odd scale that doesn't correspond to bpm, something to do with only having two digits to display the tempo. "75" corresponds to 120 bpm etc.

To the OP... the best thing you can do is put it on a setting that seems about right, then check the tempo. Count the number of beats in a specific length of time then do the required maths.

8. dlloyd

dlloyd zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Apr 21, 2004
    Scotland
    It's an issue specific to Digitech pedals of this type.

9. Thanks gang. so what would like 40 tempo be?

10. dlloyd

dlloyd zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Apr 21, 2004
    Scotland
    Mine got sort of donated to someone else, so I don't have one to hand.

Set yours to 40 and count how many beats you have in a minute. Trial and error is your best bet.