1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

bringing out the bass question

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by 1dreday, Oct 11, 2013.

1. 1dreday

1dreday

Nov 22, 2009
    I use rhapsody for all my music needs its only $9 a month for all the music I want and I can put on my mp3 to take in the car or whatever, anyways my question is, whats the best way turn down the treble and vocals, to bring out the bass, is there a device or a download,? some sort of E.Q

2. Checkout "vocal removal" software - or with any good DAW you can EQ it to sound however you want. I use Mixcraft Pro 6 and it comes voice removing.

3. Using EQ is the easiest, not-so-good way. However, when you boost low EQ to bring out the bass, you also bring out any kick drum that might be there. There are a few computer programs that attempt to isolate parts within recordings. But, frankly, none of them works very well. It's very difficult to isolate things once they have been mixed.

4. 1dreday

1dreday

Nov 22, 2009
    another part of the problem is i'm playing music, that's online, its not like stored in my computer or anything were I can bring up a file,

5. Chromer

Chromer

Nov 28, 2012
    Run it through a mid/side encoder and mute the sides signal.

That will leave (generally) the drums, bass and lead vocals. Guitars and effects should largely fall away.