Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Broken Input On My Head... HELP!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Chap, Dec 26, 2003.

1. Chap

Chap

May 27, 2002
    Reno, NV
    :mad: My drummer is in three bands, and when I went up to jam today at his house, I found that some jackass plugged into my amp, stepped on the cable, and busted my Passive/Active input. I use the Passive/Active input because it has 2.5 times the gain than that of the Active input. I've tried plugging into the broken input and all I get is a loud, fuzzy, feedback sound so it's definetly messed up. The Active input works fine. How much money do you think it will be to have it fixed? How long would it take if I sent it in to SWR to get fixed? I've attached a picture of the broken input and the broken peices found. Thanks. -Pat.

2. Chap

Chap

May 27, 2002
    Reno, NV
    One more picture...

3. pbd

pbd Commercial User

Jul 17, 2003
    Metro Detroit
    owner Procables N Sound
    Looks like he snapped off the 1/4" iside the jack? See if you can thread the nut back on. If you can then try some needlenose pliers to grip the broken connector and pull it out. If your able to plug into it, does your plug fit all the way into the jack? You may be getting noise from left over part when it broke. If it's under warranty send it back to SWR if not find a local repair shop that can repair it quickly. When you send it in tell them the story so they can check the rest of the circuit for failures caused by the amp being on when the jack broke.:bawl:

4. Chap

Chap

May 27, 2002
    Reno, NV
    I'm not a fix-it type of a guy. I took the amp to the local shop where I bought it and they said they can fix it. But the guy who wokrs on broken amps is about a month behind in work, since he's really the only guy in Reno, NV that fixes amplifiers. Since I know the guys that work there, they are going to put a rush on it so that I can get it asap, but you still never know how long it could be. The kid that broke my amp is going to pay for all of the parts and for the time it'll be out of order, so he's in for it. What a jackass... They are going to have to take the amp apart and look at the circuit boards and such inside, so it might not be just the jack that needs fixing.