1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bruce Johnson - AEB-2 basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jumbodbassman, Apr 16, 2010.

1. jumbodbassman

jumbodbassman Gold Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2009
    Stuck in traffic -NY & CT
    Born Again Tubey
    finally getting close to getting my AEB-2 from Bruce. I have included some progress shots of #70. he claims i will receive it by first week of May. Anybody out there have some comments on these basses after owning one for a while. Was it worth the wait..... and price????? Your experiences etc. what does it do well and not well.

i know there are only 69 of us out there plus me.

Attached Files:

2. jumbodbassman

Dec 28, 2009
    Born Again Tubey
    and two more pics

Attached Files:

3. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Every review I've seen from owners is "stellar". In fact I see a lot of owners that have more than one of his basses, so that should tell you that people like them.

Congrats on the bass...I'm jealous !

:)

4. M.R. Ogle

M.R. Ogle Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Nov 5, 2004
    Mount Vernon, Illinois
    Backstage Guitar Lab owner
    Yeah, I'm jealous, too... I've played a few of the originals, but I'd bet these recreations are just plain BETTER instruments.

I'd LOVE to have one in walnut, I'm not a fan of the red/black burst.

5. jumbodbassman

Dec 28, 2009
    Born Again Tubey
    i have 2 originals but they clearly have issues and are really collectibles, not really main basses. better in the studio for sure. use my AUB-1 for Bromberg type tunes. that's about it.
    The Bruce basses sound like they will be much more versatile.

pics of my ampegs....plus other scrolls..

Not sure he would make one in walnut as he uses ash for bodies but he can stain it in walnut color. he has done a few in natural of the earlier series 3 i think.

Attached Files: