1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bugera

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by buzzbass, Sep 2, 2019.

1. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
  2. buldog5151bass

buldog5151bass Kibble, milkbones, and P Basses. And redheads.

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    Do you really need 2000 watts (assuming that really is 2000)? Consider a Rumble, or if you want a brighter tone for a few bucks more, GK.

TDPRI Bones, tommyr01 and ruju like this.
  3. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    When compared to the Mesa or Markbass Class-D heads this seems to be a bargain though. I'm less concerned about 2000watts

DJ Bebop and EatS1stBassist like this.
  4. buldog5151bass

buldog5151bass Kibble, milkbones, and P Basses. And redheads.

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    The company has a very mixed reputation.

If you can't spend more, you would be much better in the TB classified. A quick look shows an Aguilar Tone Hammer for $500, and an Eden WT550 for $450. Either of those would be much better amps.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
    B String, DeltaPhoenix, Mili and 7 others like this.
  5. My opinion is Bugera ripped off GenzBenz design cues down to the font on the back panel and doesn't deserve shelf space.

S-Bigbottom, Mili, MattZilla and 3 others like this.
  6. rufus.K

rufus.K

Oct 18, 2015
    SoCal
    Lots of hate here for these, most of which isnt based on tone.
    I love the mosfet version, and dont like tube version much at all

7. CTBassGuy

CTBassGuy Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2018
    Danbury, CT
    I have the tube pre amp version (BV1001T) and it is a very good amp for the $. It’s light and compact too (as are many other Class D amps); I carry mine in a laptop bag with accessory cables, etc. I think it weights like 8 or 9 lbs or something like that.

I’ve gigged mine, and I think it sounds very good; it has a lot of heft and punch to it, IMO. It’s not in the same league as my Ampeg V4B, but I do not expect it to be. I have another 800 watt Class D head incoming, and depending on the sound difference, the Bugera may be on the sale block, but I have no regrets for buying, owning and gigging it.

These amps are not 2000 watts in the way other amps are 800 watts, (Bugera lists their wattage rating in peak watts as opposed to RMS. It’s more likely a 500 - 750 watt amp for comparison ). It is LOUD though, so the numbers are irrelevant to me.

If the Bugera is in your price range, give it a shot. Sweetwater has a pretty good return policy, from my understanding, so if you don’t like the sound, easy return and refund.

That said, if you like the Ampeg sound, you may consider an Ampeg pf-800; most around here feel it does “Ampeg” very well.

8. ruju

ruju

Dec 9, 2017
    Ontario,Canada
    I would spend just a bit more on an Aguilar or fender rumble...even a Traynor small block would be a good option...
    I have a tonehammer 350
    And a sb500 from Traynor...both have been reliable for years already

9. AcridSaint

AcridSaint ベーシスト Supporting Member

Jan 30, 2012
    Raleigh
    I don't play well.
    By all accounts it's a 4-500 watt amp. Look at other class D offerings in the 4-500 watt range and compare prices, weight, and dimensions and I think that you will find that it's not significantly less expensive than many other offerings, nor does it bring anything extraordinary to the table.

Since this is now the second thread on which I've commented on them, I expect to be permanently labeled as a Bugera "hater" or "troll".

Plucky The Bassist and MattZilla like this.
  10. Low84

Low84 Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2014
    Bugera Veyron
    Screen Shot 2019-09-02 at 8.19.36 PM.

Genzler Magellan
    Screen Shot 2019-09-02 at 8.21.20 PM.

DrMole, DJ Bebop, Mili and 5 others like this.
  11. arbiterusa

arbiterusa

Sep 24, 2015
    San Diego, CA
    Gotta say, the few Behringer items I have...some of them have been downright awesome and none of them have ever failed. Except for the Bass V-Amp Pro that I decided to stick a screwdriver into while forgetting it was turned on, and I challenge you to find any piece of gear that can withstand that.

They don't make the "best" of anything, although their new line of synths may change that. They don't make the worst. The few who actually OWN the head you speak of, speak well of it.

I'd recommend, if you're not sold on the Bugera and need a backup head for cheap, to get the TC BQ500. That's made by Behringer too, BTW. Nice, simple and cheap.

12. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather Supporting Member

Ugh! Please ignore all the hate above. The amps have been reliable, solid, good sounding and have plenty of volume. The 2000w is a peak spec. Don't go by that. Check out the amp and make your own assessment.

The TC BQ500 is NOT made by Behringer. It is a company that is owned by Music Group (Parent company to Behringer, Bugera and a host of other brands)

13. Super Bass

Super Bass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2017
    Alberta, Canada
    I had the mosfet Veyron for a while and I loved the clean punchy tone.. I had to return it because the volume control was not working properly.. I would love to get another though.

buzzbass and DJ Bebop like this.
  14. since when is giving a well informed opinion, hate? ''Please ignore all opinion that is anti Bugera'' more like.

Mili and ruju like this.
  15. LYNCHMAN

LYNCHMAN

Nov 15, 2017
    Richmond VA
    i have one of these (mosfet version) and it's a great amp...very powerful!

buzzbass, DJ Bebop and NigelD like this.
  16. Yup, I rocked that thing for about 2 years. Gigged every weekend. No problems at all. It's a nice little amp. More than enough power, sounds good, looks good, and it's pretty cheap. Peavey makes a couple really good little amps too though, at about the same price. Myself, I've always had great luck with bugera products. Some haven't. That particular amp is nice. But, you know you can depend on peavey. Watch some videos, if you can try a few things, go for that option.

buzzbass and DJ Bebop like this.
  17. rufus.K

rufus.K

Oct 18, 2015
    SoCal
    I posted before you showed up.
    Its like that Carly Simon song.

DJ Bebop and arbiterusa like this.
  18. woody357

woody357 Supporting Member

Jun 17, 2005
    You can throw shade on Bugera as much as you want, but they sound good. I have a Genz Benz shuttle 6.2, shuttle max 12.0 and a Eden wt550 but my Bugera BV1001M was my main head. Get over yourselves and try one.

DJ Bebop, SlimS, NigelD and 1 other person like this.
  19. Artman

Artman Supporting Member

I was about to purchase one of those Veyrons. Then I found a great deal on a pre-owned Fender Rumble 500 Head. It sounds amazing, and through a pair of 112s it's capable of producing much more volume than I will likely ever need. The internal fan is so quiet that I even use this amp for low-volume practice in my study with no audible fan noise.
    The people who have those Bugeras seem to really like them. If you don't care about the brand's somewhat hot/cold reputation, you probably won't be dissapointed once you've played through one. I hear they sound really good. Especially if you need something that can get really loud.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019