1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bugera

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by buzzbass, Sep 2, 2019.

1. mmbongo

mmbongo Five Time World Champion Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    That's because Behringer/Bugera amps are nowhere near in the same class as Mesa amps. They are not meant to be. The Bugera may be okay for the price, but please don't confuse it for a Mesa.

DrMole, DJ Bebop, Mili and 6 others like this.
  2. bordinco90

bordinco90

Dec 7, 2011
    SW Louisiana
    I've owned 2 of these, plus the 2 of the combo amps with this amp in it. It is ok IMO. To me it sounds very bland/sterile. I ended up selling both amps and combos due to the tone. That being said, you will not find a more powerful amp for the price.

woody357 and DJ Bebop like this.
  3. Adienn7

Adienn7

Jan 26, 2007
    "If you don't need or expect much.. You may get a lot for very little.. Don't seek just do.." confusion say.. Hahahahaha

DJ Bebop likes this.
  4. Huh? My first is #6 and yours is #7. Carly is not on my playlist.

rufus.K likes this.
  5. rufus.K

rufus.K

Oct 18, 2015
    SoCal
    I stand corrected.

Downunderwonder likes this.
  6. Uli Behringer doesn't have a majority shareholding in Music Group?

7. skyline_01

skyline_01 Endorsing artist, Nordstrand Audio Supporting Member

Nov 14, 2006
    Lebanon, OH
    Endorsing artist, Nordstrand Audio
    ^This. A friend of mine has had one of these heads for a short while and it just crapped out on him. He's been trying for 3 WEEKS just to get an answer from the warranty department. YMMV

He's a former EBS owner like me and now he's trying to find a used Reidmar 750 in case he continues to get the runaround. I'd say he's wishing he had kept his 502 at this point. :banghead:

buzzbass likes this.
  8. Well, play list or not, post No. 11 appears to strongly support your position, Downunderwonder.

The guy was alluding, of course, in a pejorative manner to the Carly Simon tune, "Your so Vain". Cute. But how can anyone argue with the pare of photographs that appears in post No. 11? FWIW, if the back panels of the two amp heads are the same (which they are), my best guess is that the internals of the Bugera are also a copy of the Genzler. Now, as to the quality of the individual electronic components, circuit boards, etc., in the Bugera as compared to the Ginzer, that I don't know. But I know somebody who does.

OP, if I had a dog in this fight, I would PM Agedhorse and ask him privately what he thinks of this unusual situation, and what he thinks you should do. Andy will not steer you wrong.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
    DJ Bebop likes this.
  9. I referred to the Streamliner. Technically the Genzler is also a ripoff of Fender's GenzBenz Streamliner unless there was some understanding between Big F and Mr Genzler.

Internals may be ripped but nobody ever posted 'hey my Buger sounds just like my buddies SL', so I doubt it.

Nevada Pete and DJ Bebop like this.
  10. bassopotamus102

bassopotamus102 Supporting Member

Mar 28, 2009
    I have the mosfet version and love it. had it almost a year and have zero complaints. great sound, plenty of power, and a great price. what's not to like?

11. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather Supporting Member

I see we're nitpicking again. SMH!

Carry on.........

12. Specific Ocean

Specific Ocean

Jul 26, 2019
  13. Wicked G

Wicked G

Jan 19, 2017
    Hell Paso Texas
    I owned the Bugera Veyron Mosfet for a very short time and I currently own both the Genz Benz Streamliner 600 and Genzler Magellan 800. The Veyron sounds nothing like either of those 2 heads nor does it feel like them as well. It is very loud but seems to lack muscle and girth to my ears. Very bright as well.

Some people may like the Veyron heads, but they are definitely not in the same class as the Genz or Genzler heads. IMHO and IME.

Wisebass, nomaj, Nevada Pete and 2 others like this.
  14. Ewo

Ewo a/k/a Steve Cooper Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2008
    Huntington WV
    You can find a used Mesa D-800 for around $500. 800 watts, and 2 ohm capable.

Nevada Pete and buldog5151bass like this.
  15. Cage

Cage

Oct 1, 2018
    NigelD and DJ Bebop like this.
  16. This kinda reminds me of the differences between a Bic lighter and Chinese made lighters.
    They all work but, the off brands fail rate is higher but, not noticed until, the fail.
    Still, they work...
    :)
    How A Bic Lighter Is Made

Nevada Pete likes this.
  17. Well, that settles that! Thanks. Good to know. I wasn't going to buy a Veyron anyway. The real thing by Genz Benz or now, Genzler is much more appealing to me, personally.

Wish I needed a new bass head! It would be hard not to purchase something in the D800 series by Mesa.

DJ Bebop likes this.
  18. Try a pair of GK MB212 stacked. 1000 watts total, 2-12" per box.. and 38 lbs per box.. Throw your bass on your back and amp in each hand and walk out the door.

DJ Bebop and Nevada Pete like this.
  19. Ampslut

Ampslut

May 15, 2017
    Of the few things I've bought that were Behringer, I have no complaints. I still use one of their 4 channel mixers.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
    DJ Bebop likes this.
  20. Wicked G

Wicked G

Jan 19, 2017
    Hell Paso Texas
    Lol, yeah I know. I was mainly responding to your guess on the internals of the amp being a copy of the Genzler. The rest is pretty much for the OP.

DJ Bebop and Nevada Pete like this.