1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bugera

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by buzzbass, Sep 2, 2019.

1. twc1313

twc1313 Practice is the cure for GAS...or so I've heard. Supporting Member

Oct 28, 2013
    Pittsburgh, Pa
    I had the Mosfet version, currently own the Rumble 800 head. I say don't pay any mind to the "Bugera is Berringer and they are evil and copy and are cheap junk blah blah" pearl clutching. The amp I had was well-built, held up fine, and sounded good.

That being said, the power is a bit lacking compared to even my old Rumble 500. I prefer the Rumble's tone more, but this is a tone preference and not a matter of one being "better" than the other. The Bugera is more modern sounding and smooth, the Rumble more vintage and has more "balls" to my ears.

The gain and pad on the Bugera was my only complaint. The clip light seemed to always be on without the pad, and the pad was -15db which IMO is too drastic.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2019
    Sanchan likes this.
  2. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    thanks guys

3. -Asdfgh-

-Asdfgh-

Apr 13, 2010
    UK
    If an amp if fairly flat sounding you can add something to it (e.g. VT pedal) and modify it. It's harder the other way round. It does add $$$ but you can always change the pedal in front and the character.

seamonkey likes this.
  4. KJMO

KJMO

Feb 6, 2015
    Looking at the price, I have to agree with others who said "why?". I got my Genzler mg350 for 360.00 brand new. I guarantee it's just as loud, and way better quality. And there's nothing slimy about the company. I hate to think marketing it as a 2000w amp is effective, but apparently...

Also, I believe they copy the exterior of amps made by good companies to make people think the internals are the same, only not "overcharged for". But like agedhorse said, the internals are not at all the same. I also believe they regularly violate ip, but it would take pretty deep pockets to battle them. Companies apparently have won suits against them. I found it interesting Uli sued a bunch of forum members for pointing out similarities as has been done here. Slimy.

BasturdBlaster likes this.
  5. BogeyBass

BogeyBass

Sep 14, 2010
    sad thing is behringer and bugera have actually done some rather good class D designs. And at the design level all the mistakes that Ampeg and many others have made with international rectifier chips could get a pretty good lesson on how its really done.

hate hate hate lol. this brand name blah blah is higher quality blah blah.

Heres the better news. everyone copied everyone at one time. and for god sakes how come 6 zillion amps have the same bass mid mid treble or the same sweep able parametric EQ and nobody seems to cry cry cry like babies that GK Eden and SWR covered all this crap almost 40 years ago now.

lol they are all freaking copies rather complete perfect copies or very much " based" on the legacy models that wrote this book long long ago.

like boutique pedal effects copy and copy and copy the same old roland boss designs or countless other classics before.
    literally guys out there paying 300 to 500 dollars for about 4 to 10 dollars worth of copied electronics.

Behringer says ahhh heck im the bad guy. i make the same thing for 20 bucks. just exactly who is ripping who off.

by the way bucket brigade analog chips have been out of production for a long long time. Behringer actually put alot and time and effort to make real analog delay. how? the actually made or reissued the chips. not emulate made the actual real chips. meaning that probably over the last 5 to 10 years rather you spent 500 dollars for a analog delay or 20 dollars for a real analog delay. Behringer made the chip regardless thats where other companys buy them from lol

any who its funny as crap 2000 thousand watts of overated watts. yet the case is actually dam good design and the preamp nobody seems to get what the design is going after. and its the same one everyone else does their own version of over and over and over again lol. be really great if someone tested the thing and it really did blast out 2000 watts. heck if it even did 1000 watts and dont shut down. it just kicked half the markets booty anyways

6. KJMO

KJMO

Feb 6, 2015
    I'm sure Uli thinks it's funny too. Bugera Veyron?

upload_2019-9-11_22-38-7.

7. agedhorse

agedhorse Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Development Engineer-Mesa, Product Support-Genz Benz
    I pointed out the similarities and clarified that they are not the same internally because of the constant confusion between the two products here on TB. Intentional or not, the confusion has certainly caused some forum members to come to incorrect conclusions and I get PMs often enough asking me if my Genz Benz factory service program covers the Veyrons also... a little bit frustrating.

At this point, it's all water under the bridge for me but the confusion and judgments of those here continue.

DJ Bebop likes this.