Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

burns suck

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by twiggy_04', Mar 11, 2004.

1. i was at work tonight, i work at mc donalds, and was hanging up a fry basket above the fryer, and it didn't latch on so it fell into the fryer covering my left arm, parts of my right hand and parts of my face with 400 degree grease. i have second degree burns on my left arm and minor burns on my right hand and face. the worst part of it is no playing bass for about a week :crying: . i'm just thankful they weren't any worse than they could've been and that there was a nurse in lobby at the time :) . anyone have a similar expeience? and how long did it take to get back to playing bass?

2. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Get well soon. Also, this isn't music related, off to OT it goes.

3. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Sue em' for all they got. :p

4. wasn't sure where to put it, sorry about that. but i was thinking about suing, but i can deal with workman's comp. i'll just try ride that out till i get a new job.

5. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    My wife is from Thorp. Another good friend just moved here from Thorp. Last name is Lasczewski, sound familiar?

-Mike

6. Born and raised in Wisconsin, 34 years, don't think I've even heard of Thorp. Sounds like 'up nort, dere hey, now.'

No offense meant, living in the Greater Milwaukee Area :p means the entire state, except Green Bay.

PS, Get better soon!!!

Burns do suck. I've got scars on my hands from burns from 15 years ago!

7. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    twiggy is cool :) i approve of you. Unless your name has no relation to jeordie white, in which case ignore my previous comments.

8. well there are so many last names that end with ski here that i can't keep track :D . but yeah thorp is kinda up in da nort woods, really small. and yes my name is taken from the former manson bassist. kinda like him better in apc.

9. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

10. I had a friend that lived up in Exeland (up by Ladysmith- doncha know now hey) and Everybody's address was

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxx
    Exeland WI 53xxx

A two line address. Don't see that in populated parts of the country. When the guy at the central post office knows at least the name of every person in the Zip Code! :D

11. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    I don't believe this! My wife's family is from the Thorp-Owen-Withee area. I've eaten at your McD's many times, Twiggy.

Her father's last name was Ball - he owned the Aquarium Bar NE of town. He remarried a lady by the name of German, so my wife has a boatload (8) of stepbrothers and stepsisters by that name, plus a Ball half-brother (he lives in Neilsville now.)

I miss your area. That, and a skillet at the Renegade in Stanley sounds pretty good about now!

12. Sundogue

Sundogue

Apr 26, 2001
    Wausau, WI
    Everyone in this thread seems to be from from Wisconsin.

I'm from "da nort" way up here ya', doncha know!

I live in Wausau and my brother in law is dating a girl from Thorp! I used to be a courier and I went through Thorp alot.

Ok, everyone..."It's a small world after all..."

Central Wisconsin doesn't have the allure of a big city...but it doesn't have the crime either. :)

Unfortunately we have the worst winters...which is still hanging on up here.

Good luck with your burns...now is a good time to get a collection of new songs together to learn.

13. Hey

How is that branch of Dave's Guitars in Wausau? I've been meaning to make the drive up that way. Maybe when gas prices get below $1.50. :p :D

14. Sundogue

Sundogue

Apr 26, 2001
    Wausau, WI
    Mark, that runs at Dave's Guitar, is a great guy to work with, though he's kind of stuck having to answer to the big cheese at their (is it LaCrosse?) store, so sometimes his hands are tied with deals.

I've known him forever, since he worked at Jerry's Music. He's an alright guy and Dave's has some interesting gear I can't find anywhere else. It's where I got an Eden Metro. They've had some Mesa gear too and at times, an interesting collection of basses. Small place though...but just down the road from me.

If you wait until gas prices drop below $1.50 a gallon, you may never get up here. ;)

15. Have you ever been to the LaCrosse store? If you're a vintage gear nut, "Good Lord Almighty!" Stuff you've only READ about is on a wall right in front of your nose.

16. Sundogue

Sundogue

Apr 26, 2001
    Wausau, WI
    Nope, I've never been to their LaCrosse store. I've heard a lot of good things about it though.

The one in Wausau is small but they seem to have what no one else carries, which is a good thing. Hard to walk into a store and see the same old stuff all the time, so Dave's is a nice break from that.

17. Hate to break it to ya, but they closed the renegade and turned it into a bank. Also i picked up my bass for the first time since my little accident, could only play for a few min, but i played :bassist:

18. Sundogue

Sundogue

Apr 26, 2001
    Wausau, WI
    Hey, any playing is better than none.

In no time at all you'll be back to playing it like you used to...or may be more! ;)

Maybe this experience will make you be more careful in the future.

So how do you like this never-ending winter we've been having?

19. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Bummer! Where do you have to go now for coffee at 3AM? Chippewa?

Next, you'll tell me Nolechek's was turned into a tanning parlor...

20. Well it wasn't really my fault. The basket was faulty and we've been after the store owner for a long time to get new baskets and he's been ignoring our requests. So I really hope that my accident will make him want to get new ones, or else I will be turning him into the state. As for the weather...I hate it! Oh well, it's typical Wisconsin weather.