1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Burny Flying V bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by b-bottom, Feb 13, 2016.

1. b-bottom

b-bottom

Dec 18, 2006
    Knoxville TN
    I have been looking for an affordable flying V bass for awhile now. And since the Gibson reissue V's that came out a few years ago have doubled in price and are impossible to find. I've been looking for an alternative.

Before tonight I knew nothing about Burny instruments and I've certainly never played one. Does anyone have any experience with their V bass? And if so, how does it compare to the Gibson or even the epi version?

2. mpdd

mpdd neoconceptualist

Mar 24, 2010
    LA
    if it's made by fernandes it should be pretty darn sweet, they are a quality company for fender and gibson inspired basses, i had the cherry gc special edition gibson one and although it was very well made with hi quality materials and thunderous pickups, i just couldn't get used to the short scale (i'm pretty tall)
    if you don't want to spend the cash on a gibson or an ibanez one, i think this is probably gonna be your best bet, because i don't think esp makes that shape, their gibson tribute is an rd shape

3. DDXdesign

DDXdesign formerly 'jammadave' Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    I keep having to stop myself from buying one of those Burny FVBs =0) Always loved the look, but I really don't *need* it...

4. AaronVonRock

AaronVonRock

Feb 22, 2013
    Bangkok
    There's a Burny Flying V bass in the music shop at the mall nearest my place. I've played it several times in the store and its rock solid. A buddy of mine has a thunderbird/firebird looking Burny bass and he loves it. It was his main bass in his stoner rock band.

Burny is to Fernandes as Squier is to Fender. They are good quality mid-priced basses in Asia.

5. b-bottom

b-bottom

Dec 18, 2006
    Knoxville TN
    old thread resurrection!!

How is the neck dive on these things? The reissue Gibbys didn't seem to have much dive at all.

6. rexessex

rexessex

Dec 10, 2016
    Does anyone know where that Burny v bass is made ?

7. Anybody got any pics/links?

8. 4Aaron GE

4Aaron GE

Mar 14, 2014
    Koriyama, Japan
    Probably China, like the rest of the current lineup.