1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Buying a used head . . . what to ask

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mike biz, Mar 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have a line on a used GK 700RB-II, which I've heard great things about. This one has seen very limited use. Are there any questions that I should definitely ask prior to buying this amp? I have contacted the seller and asked him if he is the original owner, how long he's owned it, if it ever incured any damage (dropped, liquid spilled on it, etc). I just want to make sure I'm covering my butt. Thanks for the help.

2. Bueller . . . Bueller?:help:

3. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    You have a duplicate thread.

4. Sort of. I asked this as a general question before posting the one about the GK. Since no answered the general thread, I needed to try again. Sorry if caused any issues. Thanks for the help.

5. its not an issue, people are just anal about it because they dont think the mods can handle doing their jobs apprently

if there are tubes, ask if they are new, ask the obvious questions.. perhaps a dated proof of purchase..

youre pretty much at their mercy though..

6. Zildjian106

Zildjian106

Apr 8, 2007
    How will you pack it? Thats one I always ask.

Make sure you insure it for the cost of a new head too.

7. Pack for shipping? Well I hope I don't have to use that option as I don't live all the far from where the amp is located. I'm hoping the seller will consider meeting up somewhere. Trying to save as much scratch as possible.

8. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.