1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Buzzard's Bass Guitar Shop.... Opinions??

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Ritchie_Darling, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Ritchie_Darling

Ritchie_Darling Bass @ AZ Supporting Member

May 22, 2006
    Arizona
    Impulse buyer...
    Hey there TB'ers.... Just curious about this shop.

Does anyone have any experience with them?

Any info is apperciated...

Thanks, Rik

2. johnson79

johnson79

Jan 8, 2010
    Lancaster, PA
    :eek:

3. Ritchie_Darling

Ritchie_Darling Bass @ AZ Supporting Member

May 22, 2006
    Arizona
    Impulse buyer...
    AH! Thanks for the heads up!

I shall shop elsewhere........

R

4. jaywa

jaywa

May 5, 2008
    Iowa City, IA
    FWIW I ordered a J-Bass wiring kit from him a couple of weeks ago and had no problems whatsoever. He was extremely prompt in replying to my inquiries and processing my order. From the time I ordered to when I had product in hand was 4 days max. My order arrived well packed, complete and in perfect working order.

He definitely has some quirks to the way he does business so I'm not sure I'd go with him on big ticket items but in this case he had exactly what I needed, at a fair price and I have no complaints about the product or service whatsoever.

5. b-bottom

b-bottom

Dec 18, 2006
    Knoxville TN
    I ordered a pickguard from them a week ago and never received a confirmation or tracking number for the order.
    I just called them about it and had someone answered that sounded like they were 200 years old. He/She told me that no one was in the shop and he/she took my contact info.

I just sent an email inquiring about the pickguard in case my info doesn't get to the owner. I'll let you know if I have any problems

6. I've ordered through Buzzards two times. Everything went fine. I don't know what his current situation is, though.

7. Bruce Johnson

Bruce Johnson Commercial User

Feb 4, 2011
    Fillmore, CA
    Professional Luthier
    I order all of my sheets of pickguard material from Brian, and have never had any problems with him. I just got another batch from him a few weeks ago.

So you know, he recently moved his whole operation from Florida to Plymouth, MA. Last I heard from him, about a month ago, he still didn't have his new place up and running enough to cut pickguards. So there may be some confusion or delays. Moving a shop that distance is no fun.

8. b-bottom

b-bottom

Dec 18, 2006
    Knoxville TN
    I heard back from him right away and he explained to me what was going on. So I should receive my order either early next week or late this week.

9. Lot lizard

Lot lizard

Feb 22, 2013
    Buzzards aka Brian produces incredible results He plays bass and understand the sounds and tones you seek. His fees are very cheap so you get a good value.

10. Kmonk

Kmonk

Oct 18, 2012
    South Shore, Massachusetts
    Endorsing Artist: Fender, Spector, Ampeg, Curt Mangan Strings, Nordstrand Pickups, Korg Keyboards
    I would stay away from him. Several months ago, I sent him an email asking him to swap out the active electronics in my MIA Jazz Deluxe and install new pickups, pots and capacitors. I described what I wanted and informed him that I would drop the bass off since he is located 20 minutes from me. He responded by saying that he works out of his house and my presence there is neither wanted nor necessary and I should ship the bass to him. He also went on to explain that my bass could not be wired the way I wanted. I told him that I preferred to drop the bass off in person rather than ship it and that I had done some research and believe that the bass could be wired the way I had wanted, 2 pickups wired VT, VT.

He then began sending me profanity filled emails, saying that I called him out by questioning why he couldn't wire the bass the way I had asked him to. He threatened to kick my a$$ and at one point said he would kill me if he found out where I live. After receiving about half a dozen of these messages, I finally responded by thanking him for his time and telling him that given his unprofessional attitude I was glad that I didn't let him work on my bass. I also told him that I had sent his threatening emails to the police and asked him to stop emailing me. He replied by again threatening to kill me and ended the email by saying "forward that one too"!

I ended up going to Guitar Doctor in Whitman, Mass and they did exactly what I wanted with no problems.

11. johnson79

johnson79

Jan 8, 2010
    Lancaster, PA
    Sounds like a stable individual.

12. Sounds like a drummer .