1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Cab for an ampeg pf500

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by txthrashking, Aug 4, 2012.

1. I want a good cab for it that can handle all it's power. What is a good cab? And I'd like suggestion other then ampeg also.

2. If you really want to utilize all its power you need two cabs or an 8x10. There is probably no particular brand of cabinet that matches best with the PF-500.

3. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Any cab will work.

4. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    +1 to above. Any cab will work, and unless you go reallt BIG, no cab can handle "all it's power". You have to understand, amp's in general are capable of spikes much higher than their rated power, and cab's in general will "handle" HALF their rating.

5. gjbassist

gjbassist Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2005
    Kansas City, MO
    I think the PF115he is a great match for the PF heads. If it were me I would get two of those and attach the head to one of the flip tops. That way you've got a single, portable head and cab plus the ability to add the second cab for more volume.

6. Jwood

Jwood Supporting Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Richmond, Va
    Agreed! Really solid rig right there!

7. I'm interested in the pF500 as well - would you guys pair it with 2 SVT410he's?? I've heard talk on TB about the PF500 quitting out often.... Any thoughts? Experiences?? Need a decent but relatively cheap head to go with my 2 410's.

8. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I've put the PF350 on my 810 and it sounds great so I see no reason why the PF500 wouldn't sound great with two 410he's.

9. The 500 works great with a pair of SVT410he cabs. I play this setup with one of my bands and it always sounds good.