1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Cab opinions Please

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Soundchaser11460, May 15, 2011.

1. I would like to know what you guys think of the Mesa Powerhouse Cabs? I have an opportunity to get a Mesa Powerhouse 212 or another Epifani PS 210. I love Epifani's,but was curious about the Mesa's that I have heard so much about.I love my deep low end .So what do you think?

2. rpsands

rpsands

Jul 6, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Decent sounding but heavy and overpriced.

* not really any deeper than most of the other high end cabs on the market in my opinion, as a whole.

3. Thanks.Please keep your opinions coming.

4. I have a Mesa PowerHouse 6x10 and I love it! I bought it used, but in awesome working and cosmetic condition for a steal of a price. The sound is massive and clear, does not sound muddy and farty. The previous poster is right that they cab's are bulky, big, and heavy, however they make up for it with sound. So if you can look past weight and size then I would say go Mesa. They can be costly as well, but are worth it or do like I did and keep your eye out for good used items. Of course I'm talking the 6x10 here, but read the reviews, Mesa's generally always bring in positive marks. Try it out for yourself if you can and then make the choice.

5. Klejst,thanks I will do that.The one I am looking at now used is $399 for the 212 and these babies put out 600 watts at 4 ohms.

6. You are welcome. In all honesty you can ask for opinions and reviews, however best thing to do is if you can always go and try out stuff first so then if you know if you like the sound, like the product overall and if it is even working and how it looks, etc. Look and the pros and cons and then make a final choice off all that based on your own personal experiences.

7. chaosmic

chaosmic

Feb 6, 2010
    Raleigh, NC
    I have a PH212 (4 ohm) and it's by far the nicest cab I've owned. I've been using my PH212 with a Mesa M6 Carbine head now for a couple of years and have not had GAS since. $399 is a KILLER price too....I'd jump all over that. The Mesa's internal construction is really top notch too. This cab cuts through with amazing clarity and depth and can get very loud. The tweeter and crossover are excellent as well (and I've always been one to turn them off on previous cabs). Hope this helps. Cheers!

8. Dan55

Dan55

Apr 26, 2006
    Atlanta
    PH212 cabs are excellent. A little heavy, but they have castors. I have both the 212 and the 210. A no brainer for $399.

Dan

9. chaosmic thank you. This really helps out.:)

10. Thanks Dan.

11. chaosmic

chaosmic

Feb 6, 2010
    Raleigh, NC
    You're welcome. Hopefully you'll be as happy as I am with this cab.:cool: