Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Cabinet shopping

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Reemo_bassist, Mar 13, 2006.

1. OK - I AM BUYING THESE ON MUSICSTORE.DE (for Admin).

I am looking into buying a 4x10 to compliment my dual 15" Fane cab, my budget is around $750. From what I've heard, the Behringer speakers aren't exactly..great?
    Gallien Krueger Backline series cost a lot less, but don't look that well made, although they are GK. This particular has caught my eye

http://www.musicstorekoeln.de/en/Bass/7_15_BBOX_955_BAS0001813-000/0/0/0/detail/musicstore.html

Ibanez BTB405 5,
    Peavey FireBass 700

2. spalka621

spalka621

Jul 26, 2005
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I would take a look at the Nemesis 4x10

3. ta muchly :D. I was eyeing an Eden, but they loooked a bit pricey. how do they sound?

4. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    The "nemesis" series is EDEN's mid-line, the "david eden" speakers like the D410XLT are their upper line. Nemesis is o.k., but I'd avoid the "silver series" nemesis combos,

don't forget to consider the ampeg SVT 410 HE .

happy shopping...

5. MacGroove

MacGroove Brother of the Groove with a 'Pocket Full of Funk'

Oct 5, 2005
    Calif.
    I'd recommend the Epifani Performance Series 410. Should be available now. 800 watts @ 4 or 8 ohms, 79 lbs. and $749.00.
    These are not NEO spkr's but it has an extended lower range than the UL series, the lower mids are puncier and a little bit more in the high end.

6. Warwick cabs, are they any good?