1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

cabs that truly hold the fundamental

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by thobbinghotrod, Mar 9, 2008.

1. I'm not askig for too much, just a nice clear defined sound down to E at gig volumes. I'm losing the tone I like below A sharp on the E string. Is it my avatar neo 410 @ 4 ohms, my gk700rbII, or the Squire Tele bass that's to blame. I thought the avatar should handle a low B, but it's not really even getting to E. What component would you replace first?

2. theshadow2001

theshadow2001

Jun 17, 2004
    Ireland
    Maybe the bass. I don't know how avatars sound though. It's not the amp

3. treebranch13

treebranch13

Oct 31, 2007
    my gk 700RB-II paired with my 410 RBX goes down to low B no problem

4. SERPENT865

SERPENT865

Jan 1, 2007
    Wichita , KS
    The Bass

5. I don't know too much about Avatar but if you check the low frequency cut off point for a lot, possibly even most, commercial speaker cabinets you will see it's around 40Hz up to about 60+Hz. The only cabs I have seen that will reproduce a low B fundamental are ACME. I am sure by now that there are more but IMHO Acme rules.

Paul

6. It's the bass all the way. I've played that model.... huge low end attenuation in the low notes.