1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Can anyone identify these speakers?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by moulie, Jul 16, 2008.

1. Hi Folks,

I'm looking to buy yet another eden d210T (they are coming out of the woodwork over here!) and the dude selling it is not the original owner.

He claims to have bought it from the original owner, who replaced the drivers "because the old speakers weren’t as good as the new ones"

He also calls them "original Edens."

And that's all we know right now.

I'm just trying to get a sense of what kind of work this cab has had done to it.

Trying it out is my next step but I like to get what info i can before I go into these situations. And what better place for that than TB?

Check out the attached pic, any help is--as always--greatly greatly appreciated.

peace,

me

Attached Files:

2. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice Commercial User

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    You need to see the rear of the drivers to tell what they are.

3. Busker

Busker

Jan 22, 2007
    From the front they look just like the speakers in my 410XLT. But if they've been replaced, who knows?

4. Yeah, but I don't think he's going to disassemble the thing for pictures, and the seller doesn't know what they are.

If this thing has been retrofitted with new speakers, and the work was done well, it could be a very interesting little cab.

I might have to get a look at the back of them to be positive about the resistance, though. Not sure i want to leave that to a guess.

5. billfitzmaurice

billfitzmaurice Commercial User

Sep 15, 2004
    New Hampshire
    Owner, Bill Fitzmaurice Loudspeaker Design
    He will if he wants to sell it. They're probably Eminence, but that covers a $25 to $125 apiece range.

6. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Inactive

Where's "overhere"?

Paul

7. Toronto.

8. Rick Auricchio

Rick Auricchio Registered Bass Offender

Moulie, you can remove the jack plate in a few minutes; it's about eight screws. Look inside with a flashlight and write down any numbers you see.

Attached is a photo of the jack plate as it is lifted clear of the back panel. There is enough slack on the wires so you can peek inside.

A wild guess is that the drivers are from the XLT model, but we'll know for sure with a quick look.

Attached Files:

9. will33

will33

May 22, 2006
    austin,tx
    My old 410T had eden model 1032 drivers, 16ohms each to make a 4ohm 410. This was before they came out with the XLT's. Something similair should be in there, maybe 8ohm models if it's a 4ohm 210.

10. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Inactive

Hmmmm Now why did I not see that when I asked the question???

Paul

11. So, to update, the speakers were not replaced.

They were reconed, which i consider a better solution to give life back to a cabinet because it conforms to the cabs initial specs.

I purchased the cab for a very reasonable price and it sounds great so far.

Shout out to the Seller, fellow Toronto TB'er Pdeon99, for being great to deal with and a quality dude.

thanks for all the help.

12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 24, 2021