Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Can I borrow $5500?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mike Money, Jun 25, 2005.

1. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    I found my dream truck.

Basically:

[​IMG]

Not THAT one, but its the same truck...

1992 Toyota SR5 V6 5-Speed 4x4 Extended Cab.... its hawt. And the one I saw has new tires, wheels, CD player, fresh paint... aaw yes.

anyone?

:p

2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I'll chip in $25.

-Mike

3. Sweet, but I gotta save up for the new Nissan Frontier truck...ill give u 25 also\.

4. kung funkei

kung funkei

Jun 6, 2005
    for $5500 you could get a really nice bass! :bassist: ..or maybe two... :cool:

5. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    BREAKING NEWS! MIKE NEEDS A TRUCK!

Problem is, working at mcdonalds for $6.75 an hour, even at 40 hours a week, is not enough money.

How can you help?

Simply give me money to help my quest for a truck!

I accept paypal!

The e-mail is mikemoney@gmail.com

YOUR HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED AND WILL BE REPAYED WITH MUCH GOOD KARMA!

6. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    Ha ha - I have a used Jeep Cherokee for sale, it won't even cost you that much. Great vehicle, hauls all kinds of gear, pulls something like 16 tons, four wheel drive, the works.

Interested? :D

7. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    I have friends with Jeeps. They don't go out to the trails with us on weekends because they are busy fixing their jeeps. :p

8. nonsqtr

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    Well, let's see, I agree that the "computer cars" are somewhat more difficult to address than old Karmann Ghia's.

On the other hand, Japanese trucks are no better, for the most part. Plus their blocks are a little easier to crack than the good ol' American inline-6.

Let's see, are you going to need a Rhinocerous bed for your backside? :D

9. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    The japanese trucks are great.

The one i'm driving right now (my step dads) has 250k on the same engine... so you'd think we'd need to get in there and clean out the uh... ***. damn i need sleep. where the pistons are. you'd think that would have all sorts of grime, but its perfectly smooth.

0 problems with it, for hte most part. radiator went bad, and the head gasket... thats it.

Japan2Win!

:p

10. you know what Mike??? this is lower than werkin at Subway..... :D

(dammit why didn't i do this sooner???? :hyper: )

11. nonsqtr

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    320k on my Jeep, and it's still going strong.

I was just kidding about selling it, by the way. :D

The worst that's ever happened to it, is that I needed to replace the radiator after about 240k miles.

Which was kinda painful, 'cause the radiator in the Cherokees doesn't come out easily.

But that vehicle's been hauling all kinds of gear from here to San Diego and up to Provo Utah, and it's never failed to get from point A to point B.

Good luck bro, I hope you have the same sense of satisfaction with your new vehicle. :)

12. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    369K on my Chevy Truck, original engine.

Maybe it's just me, but $5500 for a 12 year old truck seems kinda pricey.

13. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California

Well, don't west cars hold value better because they dont have to worry about rust from winter salt and all that jive?

14. HamOnTheCob

HamOnTheCob Jacob Moore Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2004
    Cambridge, Ohio, USA
    Endorsing Artist for Warwick Basses, Mesa Engineering, Joyo Technology, Dr. J Pedals, and Levy's Leathers
    $5500 does seem steep, regardless of where it's from IMHO. Back in March I bought my 98 Blazer LT 4x4 for $4900. Yum. Hogs the gas, but has plenty of room for gear. Leather seats, CD player, moon roof, climate control, power everything, Vortec V6, etc. I was looking at a Ford Windstar and then I saw this one on the lot. Both the same year, both the same price. Who buys the ugliest minivan ever created when this sexy beast is equally available? hehe

[​IMG]

15. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    I'm saving up to get my Nissan Frontier 4x4 crew cab 6 speed manual :0.

I'm either going to finance it now or later, or find that exact one used. Someone find it for me used!

16. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Yeah, Mike. You can have the money. No prob. Let me just PM you Latimour's bank account #.

brad cook

17. keb

keb

Mar 30, 2004
    I found a Canadian coin in the coin return of a Coke machine a couple months ago. You can have that.

18. Lackey

Lackey

May 10, 2002
    Los Angeles
    In general Toyotas are extremely reliable - However, IME their first generation 3.0 V6 was pretty weak and unreliable, with well under 200 hp, bad gas mileage, and a tendency to blow rings, head gaskets, and cracked manifolds... Particularly embarressing when compared to the war-horse 22R.

For that kinda money, it's not a very good deal ... My buddy just got a '98 F-150 XLT extracab with a 5.4 for $5600.

Or, you could get a Toyota with a 22R, that would last way longer and be much cheaper, and powerwise it's not much different!

19. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    Kinda pricey? Thats ridiculous for it unless it only has 100 miles on it and is in mint condition.

20. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    Well, Mike never actually said the truck cost $5500. He just said that he needed that much money, and he also said that he found his dream truck.

Personally, I think he just wants an Alembic Series II or something.

EDIT: Did anyone else notice the irony of Mike MONEY begging for spare change?