CAN SOMEONE HELP ME WITH MY STRINGING ISSUE???

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by BassistSVT, Jul 8, 2008.

1. BassistSVT

BassistSVT

Nov 25, 2007
    I just painted my Fender Jazz. This morning I put the bridge back on and tried to string it but every string ends up laying on somewhere in the 7th fret area and it twangs to the point where there is no note.

Is the bridge on wrong or what's the deal? I can't figure it out.

2. pilotjones

pilotjones

Nov 8, 2001
    US-NY-NYC
    Did your saddles get flipped upside down, so the barrels are laying on the plate, with the little set screws up in the air?

3. spaz21387

spaz21387

Feb 25, 2008
    Portland oregon
    The problem is eather the saddles sank or they got flipped over like pilot said. So get a 1.5mm allen wrench and raise the bridge saddles.

4. Bofee

Bofee

Aug 19, 2005
    Grass Valley, CA
    Check the neck relief. If the bass was un-strung for a while, the neck may have bowed back a bit due to the force from the truss rod. String it up and wait a couple of days, see if it comes back.

5. asad137

asad137

Jan 18, 2007
    Minneapolis
    Physicist
    This was my first thought as well. Try and tune it to something near the correct pitch so the string tension will bring the neck forward.

Asad

6. ewimsatt

ewimsatt

Jul 1, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    Pickup Maker, Luthier, and Repairman, Wimsatt Instruments
    Did you pain the neck pocket on the body?

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 28, 2021